• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Definitely not for me, 7.5 in most Nike and Vans, and I sized down to a 39 in CPs. They are a little snug but I'm sure they will stretch out. Had a few leather sneakers that were tight at first.

same, the length is fine, but they are a little snug on the toes, hope that gets better with wear

Last edited:
Reaction score
The newer nubuck bballs are smaller than my achilles. I size down in achilles but had to go true to size in nubuck bballs. I'd try the same size as achilles in this 2155 model though. Nubuck bballs felt more narrow than achilles as well.

Thanks man for the feedback!

djan

Reaction score
no problem. Didn't mention but my little brother got 2155 bballs and some of the achilles models and he wears the same size. I've been looking for that 2155 model too but don't wanna pay the retail.

Reaction score
no problem. Didn't mention but my little brother got 2155 bballs and some of the achilles models and he wears the same size. I've been looking for that 2155 model too but don't wanna pay the retail.
I know the retail price is way too much. I see some sales/discounts but not my size though.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Saw the vid yesterday and tbh makes me wana buy another pair and I haven't bought a pair in years. I agree this won't impact CP sales at all. The people saying "thanks for saving me from buying a pair" weren't gonna buy them in the first place. It's no secret at this point CP materials aren't all that special...it's the design that make them worth the buy. I don't care what anyone says none of the "cheaper alternatives" can match the silhouette and I'm sure ppl on this board feel the same, we're all here cause we're neurotic about this kinda stuff.

Rose Anvil vids are informative but this one really missed the point. You have to be delusional/live under a rock at this point to believe materials/construction are the driving force behind pricing of luxury products. Unfortunately you can't expect phenomenal "quality" out of any "luxury" product let alone sneakers anymore. If the design appeals to you and you can justify the expenditure then go for it. I don't understand ppl's outrage over unreasonable product pricing. I'm clearly not the intended audience for a $2400 louis vuitton ping pong set but I aint mad ?‍♂️

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
It's the design that make them worth the buy. I don't care what anyone says none of the "cheaper alternatives" can match the silhouette and I'm sure ppl on this board feel the same

I have been so furious about the video and wanted to write a proper reply here on the forum but frankly I'm in France and in lockdown with three children under nine and I just don't have the time. But this post said pretty much all i wanted to say.

So consider it demo me too.

if you think you can test the paint on a Picasso and find gold, you don't really understand anything about artistry. IDoes anyone with a right mind thing that fashion is about quality of cotton. Is anyone here buying Common Projects because they think they are better *quality*?

Two stories...

a) when I was about 19 my friend got a job in a CD pressing plant. He came home all wide eyed to tell me "they're selling CDs for £10 and they cost £0.25 to make." This guy was a massive music fan. But he still couldn't get his head around the fact that the £10 cost included the 15 years of the musicians learning their instruments, writing and rehearsal sessions, the recording studio, producer, engineer etc. And he wasn't an idiot. But how stupid do you need to be that you can't understand that the worth of something is absolutely unrelated to the manufacturing cost of the physical end product.

b) I have a few pairs of CPs and I'm lucky enough to have retired two pairs to every day use. For nearly two and a half years I have worn the same two pairs in rotation every day. One Achilles and one 1842 Bball. And I wear one of those two shoes 90% of days. I'm going to post photos tomorrow of what two year old plus Common Projects look like. Spoiler - they look fantastic. Well worn, but they hold a shape and style and the leather wears like no other shoe I've had ever. But that's not exactly a story right? Well here goes...

Two years in I'm showing my wife on a proud Sunday morning how good the two pairs of trainers look. Maybe I'm trying to convince her i'm right on these *investments".

"They look great, right? Two years old and like new"

"Of course they look like new. Every Sunday you take the laces out of both pairs and put them in a bowl of boiling water with bleach. Then you wipe the shoes with a soft sponge, then a soft brush, then a hard brush. You scrub the side soles and then even the bottom with a brillo pad and that soapy bleach boiling mixture. Then you put them in the window to dry. Then if there's any grubby patches after drying you clean them all again. Then when you iron your shirts you iron the laces and then you meticulously rethread for another week. Of course they look like new"

And I don't say anything but I think" Imagine how good these shoes look to me that after two years that I still go to all that trouble. I run my own creative agency. I have three children. I cook and clean and walk and run and my life is full, full, full. I love to read and watch films and I struggle once in a while to sit by the pool or at the beach and take a moment and just breathe. But I clean those ******* shoes every week."

That's what quality looks like. Wanting to do that.

Someone take that video of this forum.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I have been so furious about the video and wanted to write a proper reply here on the forum but frankly I'm in France and in lockdown with three children under nine and I just don't have the time. But this post said pretty much all i wanted to say.

if you think you can test the paint on a Picasso and find gold, you don't really understand anything about artistry. IDoes anyone with a right mind thing that fashion is about quality of cotton. Is anyone here buying Common Projects because they think they are better *quality*?

Two stories...

a) when I was about 19 my friend got a job in a CD pressing plant. He came home all wide eyed to tell me "they're selling CDs for £10 and they cost £0.25 to make." This guy was a massive music fan. But he still couldn't get his head around the fact that the £10 cost included the 15 years of the musicians learning their instruments, writing and rehearsal sessions, the recording studio, producer, engineer etc. And he wasn't an idiot. But how stupid do you need to be that you can't understand that the worth of something is absolutely unrelated to the manufacturing cost of the physical end product.

b) I have a few pairs of CPs and I'm lucky enough to have retired two pairs to every day use. For nearly two and a half years I have worn the same two pairs in rotation every day. One Achilles and one 1842 Bball. And I wear one of those two shoes 90% of days. I'm going to post photos tomorrow of what two year old plus Common Projects look like. Spoiler - they look fantastic. Well worn, but they hold a shape and style and the leather wears like no other shoe I've had ever. But that's not exactly a story right? Well here goes...

Two years in I'm showing my wife on a proud Sunday morning how good the two pairs of trainers look. Maybe I'm trying to convince her i'm right on these *investments".

"Of course they look like new. Every Sunday you take the laces out of both pairs and put them in a bowl of boiling water with bleach. Then you wipe the shoes with a soft sponge, then a soft brush, then a hard brush. You scrub the side soles and then even the bottom with a brillo pad and that soapy bleach boiling mixture. Then you put them in the window to dry. Then if there's any grubby patches after drying you clean them all again. Then when you iron your shirts you iron the laces and then you meticulously rethread for another week. Of course they look like new"

And I don't say anything but I think" Imagine how good these shoes look to me that after two years that I still go to all that trouble. I run my own creative agency. I have three children. I cook and clean and walk and run and my life is full, full, full. I love to read and watch films and I struggle once in a while to sit by the pool or at the beach and take a moment and just breathe. But I clean those ******* shoes every week."

Haha I understand your frustration and this was a good read :)
My white achilles are 6yrs old and I still wear them as daily beaters at work and they are as comfortable as ever. I'm nowhere as meticulous about caring for them as you though, only properly scrubbed them down 3x, last about 2yrs ago. I will post some pics later as well.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two stories...

Two stories...

Congrats on the creative agency

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean...I don't think cleaning any shoes with harsh chemicals every week is a good thing. But awesome to hear that the leather held up well without cracking.

No one will be taking down that video, obviously, but I don't give two ***** about the quality or construction. I love all of my common projects, and it doesn't make me want them any less. I enjoyed the video, it's cool see what's inside. Happy the dude is making them, and now that I've seen them, I'm curious to see more.

These are the same keyboard warriors that bust nuts over a goodyear welt, but don't even wear their shoes long enough to get the soles replaced.

modagg

Reaction score
Someone. Take. This. ****. Down.

If you think style is about thread count or stitch quality then really I'm sorry but this is not the forum for you. And if it is, then someone needs to let me know and Im gone.
Maybe you should go check out the forums over on hypebeast because discussing stitches per inch is exactly what this forum is about.

djan

Reaction score

Not a surprise. There's a good reason why Common Projects are more expensive than Greats or whatever. Common Projects have been around for a long time and are known for their designs. Their designs are excellent compared to some cheaper alternatives. Price is dependent on the interaction between demand and supply. If demand increases, obviously they'll ask more just like every other fashion or shoe brand. That's how it works. CPs are highly priced but it's not like you cannot buy them with discount codes.

Most of the people who are commenting the vid probably haven't had a pair of Common Projects ever. I got most of my CPs for 30 - 50 % off including the white achilles lows and they look great after years of wear. I can't say the same about cheaper brands. Also Margom soles are durable and the quality good enough for me.

djan

Reaction score
Chrome tanned leather isn't just a bit cheaper leather to produce. White achilles low model wouldn't look the same with vegetable tanned leather. There has been veg tanned and full-grain Common Projects models before. If you've been following the brand, then you'll know it. Some people don't seem to understand their design at all.

With chrome tanned leather the color will remain uniform and the leather won't develop a patina as fast or to the same degree as vegetable-tanned leather. Also the fibres of chrome tanned leather are not able to show through the same way they do on vegetable tanned leather. CPs shouldn't look like Buttero tanino lows just because veg tanned is slightly more expensive or better quality.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads