• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
My Dior Homme raws in 17.5cm MIJ are easily my favorite jeans. That is the fit you posted above. Can you still get them raw and unfaded? I feel like KJ changed the cut and it's a lot beefier in like a dad-style way.

I'd pick the 19cm but YMMV or 21cm if he is a bigger guy....

BasicJB

Reaction score
Store was super cool. Nicely done up with lots of art scattered around. The menswear on the lower floor a little more subdued, relative to womenswear on the main floor. Lots of mirrors and areas that can be closed off for events.

A snap of Celine Bond St, looking into (one of) the room at the back:

View attachment 1754232

I had gone with the intention of trying on the mesh t-shirt, and maybe the CT-01s HOWEVER I got sidetracked when I saw a hoodie glinting out of the corner of my eye. A plain black, with shock-horror the CELINE logo, but this time done in safety pins. I really, really liked the SS22 leather jacket that was pieced together with safety pins, alas it's a couture piece with a couture price to match. That being said I still wanted a piece of the subversive pie so I got it here with the hoodie. I bought a size S (actually, the only size) - a little shorter than other hoodies I have in length, but the body/shoulders/sleeves are comfortable (not fitted) - so I'm kinda guessing this relaxed boxy cut is the norm and that size M would probably have been too big. I hadn't seen this hoodie on MrPorter/official website (cue it turning up tomorrow), apparently they got several of them in when the revamped store re-opened last year, but couldn't put it out until SS22 officially started to drop. Just pointing this out cos I lazily assumed what is in store would be reflected onto the website, which wasn't the case here.

View attachment 1754238

Close up of the detailing:

View attachment 1754239

The mesh top and the CT-01s I really liked too. I'll definitely grab the mesh top in size M, and I'll ponder a little more about the CT-01s. Think you guys mentioned how snug they are when trying to put on - I agree. However they are comfortable, and look much sleeker in person that I'd imagined:

Mesh top w/ CT-01s:

View attachment 1754241

Better side view of CT-01s:

View attachment 1754240

Discovered the hoodie thanks to Randeep and finally tracked it down. Apparently a new label was added after they were pulled for safety reasons...it's been a journey! I also quite like the short-sleeve t shirt version.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Dior Homme raws in 17.5cm MIJ are easily my favorite jeans. That is the fit you posted above. Can you still get them raw and unfaded? I feel like KJ changed the cut and it's a lot beefier in like a dad-style way.
From the website it appears they have a raw indigo selvedge option, but I was looking at some on the secondhand market from the Hedi years which have been sitting around unworn. But after I type that out it sounds way less appealing.

I'd be tempted by the Celine ones, but I haven't seen them worn and faded, and I seem to remember Kieran saying the cut wasn't all that. I think SLP is still making indigo raws, but I sorta doubt the cut is that great. I still have my apc new standards from back in the day, but I'm not crazy about the cut anymore (in particular below the knee/hem).

JASSAJ

Reaction score
From the website it appears they have a raw indigo selvedge option, but I was looking at some on the secondhand market from the Hedi years which have been sitting around unworn. But after I type that out it sounds way less appealing.

I'd be tempted by the Celine ones, but I haven't seen them worn and faded, and I seem to remember Kieran saying the cut wasn't all that. I think SLP is still making indigo raws, but I sorta doubt the cut is that great. I still have my apc new standards from back in the day, but I'm not crazy about the cut anymore (in particular below the knee/hem).

I have some 2021 SLP D18 raws. I actually really like the cut of the D18s. Slim but not awkwardly so. I have larger thighs so some slims end up looking like leggings. My wife likes them a lot and is constantly making comments about my the attractiveness of hindquarters in them haha. Quality seems great to me (caveat: I'm no denim expert).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some 2021 SLP D18 raws. I actually really like the cut of the D18s. Slim but not awkwardly so. I have larger thighs so some slims end up looking like leggings. My wife likes them a lot and is constantly making comments about my the attractiveness of hindquarters in them haha. Quality seems great to me (caveat: I'm no denim expert).
Interesting. How long is the inseam? Are you wearing them hard in order to achieve aggressive fades?

pockets

Reaction score
i wore in a pair of raw slim indigo celine pairs from a few seasons ago. theyre good, faded well. cut is good, slim without being tight. havent worn them too much as my denim choices have been going wider lately, or i wear some the washes. but id say go get them.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wore in a pair of raw slim indigo celine pairs from a few seasons ago. theyre good, faded well. cut is good, slim without being tight. havent worn them too much as my denim choices have been going wider lately, or i wear some the washes. but id say go get them.
Pics would be deadly

rippedbluejeans

Reaction score
I managed to get my hands on the Western 9 Belt in a size 95. I do like the length and having the metal tip hit my hip almost - a lot more like the SLP runway s
Looking for some second opinions. I received my western 9 belt (Size 90) and I can't help feeling it could be a touch longer? Size 95 was never in stock, even the morning the collection launched, and not in any boutiques so I can't compare to a larger size. I'm wearing it on hole 2/5 - I can squeeze to 3/5 but it's not so comfortable,so I'm relatively in the centre right now.

I managed to get my hands on a size 95 now. I do like the longer length and how the metal tip hits my hip - a lot more like the Saint Laurent 2014 runway styling - however walking about the metal tip bounces about like crazy or hangs forward/down - annoying! Do you guys just put up with this?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Celine skinny indigo jeans that were on the website last time I looked are actually slim. The cut was very slim in the thighs in my size, and pretty loose through the knee and calf.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Whelp hoping its nothing like the last couple shows but seeing the title of the show expectations are low. I have the raw indigos by John Elliott and they fade decently. Mine have barely faded since I haven't been wearing them everyday due to have a large rotation of denim.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member