• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm also a watch wearer. I do find it easier, too, to glance at to catch the time versus the phone, and at this point, I don't want to track anything else or have to charge anything else vis-a-vis an Apple Watch. In fact, this might sound somewhat luddite, I'm trying to avoid glancing at my phone every two seconds for everything little thing, some freeing is in order. Plus, I find watches that are watches for lack of a better classification more beautiful, intricate, and I like looking at differing collections.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, there's probably some golden ratio out there that when skinny jeans are out of fashion, so are big watches, and thus, voluminous jeans / skinny watches are now in the vanguard.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I agree @SirGrotius I'm a watch wearer as well.

I have a Rolex datejust 36mm. I know the watch community balks at 36mm watches from men but I have a tiny wrist and it looks big on me.

One of the biggest crimes against fashion and jewelry you can commit as a man is wearing a large watch on your tiny wrist.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found other shots of the classique derbies that make it look more appealing
IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg
IMG_7184.jpg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Saint Laurent Classique model reminds me of what I associate Hugo Boss with. Hugo Boss feels North American to me. The shape is an elegant square toe that feels sturdy and masculine. A little stiff, but rigidity is what defines a man.
1614032218545.png

1614033558742.png

Hedi's version with the added welt is such a nice touch.
1614033722246.png

It looks stylish without showing like you care about fashion. Nothing fancy about it, just perfectly executed. The pointy shape of the Drugstore is a lot fancier and fashionable. Perhaps this is Hedi intentionally offering something that would appeal to the North American consumer since they are already accustomed to square toe shapes for decades now.

Last edited:

mugatu

Reaction score
I still wear my Chiffre Rouge, although arguably not as much as my vintage Sub.

On another note, speaking of French artists with international fame, I guess today is appropriate as ever to give a tribute to this iconic French duo which Hedi produced most of the stagewear for:

Daft-Punk-Guitar-And-Bass-Wallpaper.png

1037085.jpg

tumblr_osuktynE4z1tkloieo1_1280.jpg

4dba86a8fb8f15867728c7e1a817cd2a.jpg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think this is still my favourite silhouette.
1614060611549.png

I think all I need to do to re-style them to fit in 2021 is to freshens up the look by mixing in a hip hop accessory, creating a fusion dish. I think the more voluminous silhouette really is a reaction to hip hop. As long as you mesh in some hip hop element, it will still be able to fit into the voluminous crowd without really needing to be voluminous.
  • stacking chains/chunky necklace
  • layer on a puffy ski jacket in the winter
  • adding a skull cap or baseball cap
  • layering long sleeve under t-shirt
  • layering a hoodie underneath your jacket
  • wearing a jersey track jacket
  • wearing a high top sneaker
  • Fw21's Timbalands

mugatu

Reaction score
Sorry but that sounds like the most cliché try-hard left-turn styling advice possible. Phoenix are in their 40's now and have way too good taste to jump on TikTok zoomers trend of the day. The whole baggy streetwear aesthetic takes its roots from 90s skate culture, not just hip-hop. Phoenix were teenagers back then, so they already went through that whole phase:
phoenix-3.jpg

That said, Phoenix are from Versailles (the castle city of former French kings) so I could see frontman Thomas Mars incorporate some more subtle themes from FW21, like the whole dandy vampire prince approach:

06SCENE-slide-9DUX-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

and wife Sofia does the comfy oversized look great already:
1968168.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to admit 100% distracted by Sofia in that last picture! Ha, she looks amazing (plus nice sweater).

On a somewhat related note to that post, the Dancing Kid "skater pants" are so spot on it hurts. And I mean that it the most pleasurable ironic way. I recall the giant plaid pants which were sometimes accessorized with safety pins (they didn't make an appearance, lately, have they?), and loathing them then. I veered toward the "90s denim" that the collection also nails. For some reason, I could pick up an occasional grunge-rock piece from Saint Laurent and wear it out, but these items are more for my vicarious viewing pleasure versus wearing in real life. My personal take, as I'm sure others will find them great and extra comfy, which is one of the north stars of this pandemic.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpea17