• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bill H

Reaction score
Photoshop fantasy, let's see what different boots would look with that same look.

Drugstore chelsea
View attachment 1558272
- sophisticated
- classy
- conservative
- competent but not overly serious

Jodhpur Jacno 30
View attachment 1558274
- elegant
- slightly edgy, but still somewhat conservative
- goth/vampire edge

Camargue harness boots 40 mm
View attachment 1558275
- edgy
- rugged but still refined

Camargue Biker boots 55 mm heel
View attachment 1558297
- most interesting with the chain detail
- louder and more ostentatious
- sexy party vibe

Rangers
View attachment 1558294
- sturdy
- rugged

Academy boots
View attachment 1558293
- sophisticated
- classy
- competent and serious

White Jacnos
View attachment 1558295
- stylish
- loud and ostentatious
- could become a Celine signature
Yo this is a great exerice... i think those 60s or 80s (the original) actually work the best for this look/build. I was surprisingly impressed.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I really disagree; I think everything about that look is bad.

Im not a fan of his shoes or the track jacket but this is how I wear my jeans. Its a far cry from the huge baggy jeans people are wearing now but feels comfortable to me and my junk isn't hanging out.

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
This is a perfect jeans silhouette for me in 2021, probably not the jacket as loose.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 10.31.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 10.31.43 AM.png
    971.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Bill H

Reaction score
Im not a fan of his shoes or the track jacket but this is how I wear my jeans. Its a far cry from the huge baggy jeans people are wearing now but feels comfortable to me and my junk isn't hanging out.
Ha!! I cant disagree with you that the junk hanging out can sometimes be an issue.

HBoy

Reaction score
Apologize for not providing the picture for my drugstore derby that you asked for @kieran84. I actually just came back from a trip to Korea for work so I was in quarantine for quite a bit.

Seems like you've already gotten yourself a pair. I will still post a picture later after I'm done with work. But I do agree it is a very versatile silhoutte. Probably not going to be my favorite because of the relatively rounder shape compared to SLP Wyatts or the Celine Jacnos. I am a 5'6 almost 5'7 guy and definitely prefer the pointier and sleeker shape of the Jacnos. But it is definitely something nice to have in the wardrobe because of how easy it is to style them and just how un-intimidating they look compared to all other shapes that Hedi had designed for Celine. I might even grab a pair or 2 of the drugstore chelseas in the future, if they have the same shape. I mean, who cares about their proportions when they are heading to the drugstores? Very fitting name for the last.

Speaking of the shape of drugstore. I think this might be a model that could fit most people especially the ones coming from wearing SLP Wyatts for a long time. The toe is definitely not as almond as the Wyatts but it seems to be a little misleading to describe them as round shape. By all means it is a rounder shape but it is also more streamlined overall in shape if compared to the Wyatts. Overall very impressive shape.

VinceCompost

Reaction score
Anyone care to theorize why Celine resonates so well with the East Asian market? The French luxury element doesn't really need any explanation - that's always been attractive in Asia - but given all the other options available, why specifically Celine do you think?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologize for not providing the picture for my drugstore derby that you asked for @kieran84. I actually just came back from a trip to Korea for work so I was in quarantine for quite a bit.

Seems like you've already gotten yourself a pair. I will still post a picture later after I'm done with work. But I do agree it is a very versatile silhoutte. Probably not going to be my favorite because of the relatively rounder shape compared to SLP Wyatts or the Celine Jacnos. I am a 5'6 almost 5'7 guy and definitely prefer the pointier and sleeker shape of the Jacnos. But it is definitely something nice to have in the wardrobe because of how easy it is to style them and just how un-intimidating they look compared to all other shapes that Hedi had designed for Celine. I might even grab a pair or 2 of the drugstore chelseas in the future, if they have the same shape. I mean, who cares about their proportions when they are heading to the drugstores? Very fitting name for the last.

Speaking of the shape of drugstore. I think this might be a model that could fit most people especially the ones coming from wearing SLP Wyatts for a long time. The toe is definitely not as almond as the Wyatts but it seems to be a little misleading to describe them as round shape. By all means it is a rounder shape but it is also more streamlined overall in shape if compared to the Wyatts. Overall very impressive shape.
Yeah, if you could post a fit pic that you would be deadly. If I have slightly wide feet do you think I could fit my Wyatt size in them?
Anyone care to theorize why Celine resonates so well with the East Asian market? The French luxury element doesn't really need any explanation - that's always been attractive in Asia - but given all the other options available, why specifically Celine do you think?
No idea, but I think it's quite clear that they're making a hard play for those markets.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone here watched the new Adam Curtis documentary, called "Can't get you out of my head"? It's fantastic, and I think it's the best he's done so far. I mention it because it deals quite a bit with teh shift towards an individualistic mindset in Chinese society. The film has sparked a bit of an interest in me on China, especially the figure of Jiang Qing who comes through as absolutely fascinating.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not going to be my favorite because of the relatively rounder shape compared to SLP Wyatts or the Celine Jacnos.
The toe is definitely not as almond as the Wyatts but it seems to be a little misleading to describe them as round shape. By all means it is a rounder shape but it is also more streamlined overall in shape if compared to the Wyatts.
I think I get what you mean. I would say the Drugstore is pointier than the Wyatt, but the Wyatt has sharper edges than the Drugstore. The Drugstore is quite smooth.

1613793537108.png

1613793549797.png

1613793562003.png

1613793573397.png

1613793585470.png

However, this is the fw13 Wyatts. I'm under the impression that the newer versions have lost some of the sharp edges and are "smoother". I think this balance is nice. Pointed toe but very sharp edges would be too much, which is why I don't like the Eli model as much. Chiselled toe and smooth would be too flat. Having some balance helps create a very pleasing shape.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

Celine has been a heritage brand for the wealthy in Asian markets since the 1980's, Hedi Slimane has been popular in the Asian markets since the early 2000's with men and 2013 with women; mix these two together and you have a winning formula. Also Asia is the fastest growing luxury market on earth. 40 years ago some people in Asia didn't even have electricity, now it's almost completely industrialized, so all of the people who's wealth has grown want to spend their money on luxury goods.

mugatu

Reaction score
Also East Asian body types are on average rail-thin compared to Western body types, this makes for a natural fit to Slimane's aesthetic.

I said it earlier but DH's Petite Taille collection was a hit in Japan and Slimane quickly gathered a cult following there. It naturally expanded to Korea, HK, PRC when those luxury markets grew.

That said, Celine is definitely pushing hard into the K-Pop / TikTok scene with SS21. They obviously have their eyes set on that market more than ever.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Choosing Lisa from Black Pink as their Global Ambassador is also telling. If they were dead set on that French narrative, they would have chosen some French artist instead.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawrencelatt