• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

babeteeth

Reaction score
At least put your money where your mouth is, and boycott the brand supposedly stealing from you ? Whole thing is SO absurd.

No matter what, we still won't buy Amiri.

I don't see any reciepts, that's why this seems more and more delusional.

I contacted someone above Hedi. They have them. Their staff is publicly in different variations and colorways of our merch dating back to 2016 who not only have worked with him at Saint Laurent, but a few left with him to Celine. Regardless of whether anyone thinks it's the same logo or not, I can point to their staff as being the source for the design since they wore it for years before this collection.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really digging more and more the French vibe of Celine vis-à-vis the Californian sentiment of SLP. Everything's starting to click a bit more from the names to the codes and references, even casual pieces such as these harken back (in my mind at least) to my wife's penchant for Kayway jacket in the 80s.

1613659280054.png

Does anyone have experience with the "skinny" union wash denim? They caught my eye, especially how they're styled on MrPorter. I wonder if union is referencing Union Square in SF or something else perhaps.

1613659359263.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Footwear was a key ingredient to this scene: Weston loafers, Jodhpur boots & Clarks desert boots.
This is giving me another perspective towards the jodhpur boots. It does have an equestrian vibe to it that would be fitting for Celine's narrative.
1613659649653.png

1613659628356.png

1613659564956.png

1613659773781.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those low heel Jacno and Drugstore jodhpur boots are very nice. I have no idea why they would put them on sale and not just leave them on the website. The Saint Laurent ones had the straps a little too high making my feet look ridiculous, but these look better. The Saint Laurent Seville jodhpur however was really nice.

Sirgrotius I'm kind of interested in those jeans too. I'm just not sure what I have to wear them with though. I'm going to keep them in mind. Labels have some photos of them where they look really nice if you do a Google image search.

Spoke with a sales associate who told me that the arm holes with some of the shirts has been a problem for a lot of customers and that it should have been corrected from last season which is promising.

Just ordered a black Yves collar shirt off YSL hoping that they haven't changed them. Also couldn't resist adding a smooth black leather with gold Saint Laurent cardholder (the classic Hedi one). I already have the grain de poudre and crocodile embossed one with silver, and an unbranded one in water snake so it seems a bit excessive to have another one, but I've always wanted the black with gold so I couldn't resist.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Just ordered a black Yves collar shirt off YSL hoping that they haven't changed them. Also couldn't resist adding a smooth black leather with gold Saint Laurent cardholder (the classic Hedi one). I already have the grain de poudre and crocodile embossed one with silver, and an unbranded one in water snake so it seems a bit excessive to have another one, but I've always wanted the black with gold so I couldn't resist.
the smooth black with the gold is just perfect imo. I'm about to buy a new one, I've had the same one (used daily) since 2015 so it's looking pretty worn now as you'd expect

mugatu

Reaction score
I wonder if union is referencing Union Square in SF or something else perhaps.

No, "union" in the denim world usually refers to "union made" which originally meant a made in USA pair of jeans sewn on a "Union Special" machine. Today it simply means higher quality, usually selvedge. This is the case also at Celine, their "Union" line being selvedge denim.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to overkill the jeans question, but do you think it's pushing it to try jeans such as that if you're 5'6"? The reason I'm asking is there seems to be a lot of fading on the knees/thigh area, and I don't want that to show up more so on my chins. Not sure if I'm overthinking this, but don't particularly care for the hassle of returning items, etc. I like to get it right the first time. ;)

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would suggest going the raw route and naturally distressing it and wearing it so that the fades would fit perfectly with your legs rather than buying pre-distressed versions.
1613670547803.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those raw have a weird fit though. Tight in the seat and thighs, and wide in the calves. I'm not sure about the fading, but if the knee area is a little low it wouldn't be the end of the world. I like the wash a lot, I've been trying to think about what I'd wear them with though and I can't come up with much.

Anybody used a briefcase with only a 2 inch width? Can you fit much in it? I've been considering the triomphe monogram one but I'm not sure if it has any practical purpose for me. Always liked the narrow ones though since they were all over the runway at Prorsum.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes - Thorns I have Hedi-era Dior Homme raws (MIJ), I think I sized down to 27 (28 is my regular) for the stretch, and the fading is SOOO good now. That said, it's almost too much fading after X amount of years and the clasp at the waist and buttons are looking a bit ragged. It's almost too authentic.

Not sure I'm up for putting in the time/effort for raws again! I do think the exacting aspect of my personality would dislike the pre-fades, although I could see someone rocking them perfect if they're 5'9"-6'2"ish.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see people talking about fading raw denim in the mid-00s, I wonder if it is still a thing now. I don't really recall much talk about it during the Saint Laurent or Celine era online.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see people talking about fading raw denim in the mid-00s, I wonder if it is still a thing now. I don't really recall much talk about it during the Saint Laurent or Celine era online.
Yeah, it was huge back then, but even on this forum, which has a lot of people who seem to still be into the workwearish look, it seems to be mostly a thing of the past. For a couple of years now I've been trying to convince myself to get a pair, but a.) I don't wear indigo denim much anymore, and b.) it takes forever to develop fades on good raw denim. I know some disagree, but I really don't like the way raw denim looks prior to fading--so, you end up wearing jeans you don't like for months, and then eventually they look cool. It's kind of a weird process.

There's no doubt they look cool when the fades line up with your own individual physique. For me it's just one of those questions as to whether the ends justify the means.

All that being said, what do people think of the current Dior raw denim? I remember it was always considered to be of really good quality for a fashion brand.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I never hear of people talking about fades now. If anything, I could see a fresh pair of dark indigo raws looking great on some of those Kim Jones sneakers, such as the Air Diors or the B27s for a nice, clean look.

That said, the new offerings seem about in line as what I'd expect from Dior, about $200 more than other fashion brands, made in Japan, selvedge, look to be top-notch, durable hardware, but the "slim fit" cut gives me pause, although as discussed, I know that is what is in, and more easily, my sizes are sold out. I get the strong impression that Mr. Jones is moving a lot of merchandise for the house of Dior!!

Lit Harington

Reaction score
i've done the raw denim thing once and i was a bit of a sceptic beforehand but now i love these jeans as much as any piece of clothing i own

tbh though, i got these fades by wearing them 6 days a week for 18 months while i was a student. i didnt think it'd ever be feasible to do again but covid and working from home has made me consider starting a new pair...

i agree though, i'm not a fan of brand new indigo denim, but i think properly faded denim is hard to beat.
1613676616355.png

1613676629231.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members