• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little west coast trade

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not as much as you might expect, but it was a regular trading partner. I had brought him a bunch of **** when I went out to LA, so tough to exactly figure what was for what. Primarily my second bottle of Framboos for CC though. I have a weird mental block on drinking beers that fetch $200+ on the secondary markets though.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a real good haul. Been wanting to try SITR w/ Peaches for a while now. I have a Fantasia coming in a trade that I'm excited about.

Okay, finally have a chance to post some pictures.

Friday I had this, I think I like the original and the straight-up Barrel-Aged more. Still pretty good though.

Didn't have a chance to take many pictures at HF. My phone was dying. Thankfully Seth did a good job with those. I actually haven't even taken a haul pic. Maybe I'll do that tonight now that I have sorted out everything that's going to be traded.

I opened this one on Sunday and it was my first time having it. I liked it a lot. Reminded me of Convival Suarez or the hibiscus beer I had from Du Dieu Ciel (which shouldn't be surprising at this was brewed with the brewer from DDC). The hibiscus is toned down quite a bit in comparison to those two which is a good thing. Bit of citrus and dry funky finish. Very drinkable.

Opened this on Monday and it was pretty decent. Lot of roasty coffee, not much else to it. I need to get a bottle of a Night to End All Dawns, that and Dark Apparition were my favorite stouts at EBF.

Yesterday, I picked up this beast from the post office. :slayer::slayer::slayer:
Thanks again to @hc4thehc!

And I opened this one up while packing up some trades. Very sour at first but as your palate adjust you pick up on the complexities. Fruity, mainly peach and apricot and with a touch of pie spice. Wish there was a bit more funk. Still outstanding!

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Ken,

I like vanilla then coffee from JA best out of the variants they make. BS is a great refreshing beer...jelly of the haul from Belgium

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Victory At Sea (Ballast Point). Very good. It's very bitter. Would probably be even greater if it was less bitter. Nice coffee/vanilla notes.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Victory At Sea (Ballast Point). Very good. It's very bitter. Would probably be even greater if it was less bitter. Nice coffee/vanilla notes.
This is a favorite of mine. Never really noticed the bitterness, probably because I drink ridiculous amounts of coffee every day.

caid-bp7

Reaction score

This is a favorite of mine.  Never really noticed the bitterness, probably because I drink ridiculous amounts of coffee every day.

I had this for the first time last week. I thought it was fantastic and didn't find it bitter at all, but the only thing I could think of while I was drinking it was how much it smelled like wet coffee grounds. Not even coffee. Just wet used coffee grounds.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had this for the first time last week. I thought it was fantastic and didn't find it bitter at all, but the only thing I could think of while I was drinking it was how much it smelled like wet coffee grounds. Not even coffee. Just wet used coffee grounds.
Sounds delicious to me.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think good coffee is very bitter. This was very bitter. Bottled 5-6 months ago, fwiw, though it shouldn't be too big a deal with a bold porter, I suppose.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dat cable car...my ddg is still sitting in my parents basement down the cape.

What did it take to land that haul

Just drink it, no matter what batch it is, you'll melt the enamel off your teeth. It's almost as bad as Jolly Pumpkin Lambicus Dexterius...

Not as much as you might expect, but it was a regular trading partner.  I had brought him a bunch of **** when I went out to LA, so tough to exactly figure what was for what.  Primarily my second bottle of Framboos for CC though.  I have a weird mental block on drinking beers that fetch $200+ on the secondary markets though.

It's only worth that much if you plan on actually selling it, otherwise just find a time, pop the top and enjoy. Cable Car is not too shabby, I want you to send me that Fantasia though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads