• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I tried Chimay (red label) for the first time and was disappointed. Not that great, imho.
Did you think it was too heavy?

Quatsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax

Aventinus Weizen-Icebock

That one is a doozy. I had it at the Schneider Weissbierhaus in Munich on a cold day last July following a delicious meal, and it was something else. I wish it had been served in a frozen glass, though, after it gets a bit warmer, its kind of hard to drink. I don't mind telling you that after one of their strong wheat beers, a regular wheat, and the icebock, ich war ein bisschen getrunken, if not 'unter den Tisch'.

+1. Was a pleasant surprise it was real good.

I tried Chimay (red label) for the first time and was disappointed. Not that great, imho.

I liked it, but the blue is probably better. You certainly don't notice the extra 2% abv.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you think it was too heavy?

No, not heavy. I guess its just a matter of personal taste. I just find the taste lacking in depth- can't really explain very well what I don't like about it, but lets just say I'd rather get the Hoegaarden than that.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had Chmay around a year ago and I didn't say, wow I need to have another one of these, although I didn't despise it either. For the money I'd just go elsewhere.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not heavy. I guess its just a matter of personal taste. I just find the taste lacking in depth- can't really explain very well what I don't like about it, but lets just say I'd rather get the Hoegaarden than that.
Hmm... I kind of see what you are saying. I would call the taste of Chimay red, balanced but not really exciting. Chimay blue is a little better so you may wish to try that. If you do like beer with a lot of flavor, you may wish to try other belgian tripel or strong ales. The special christmass seasonal brews a lot of the smaller breweries release are usually very complex (and loaded with alcohol
smile.gif
). Some examples: Affligem, St. Bernardus, La Chouffe/Mc Chouffe, Deliriums, Abbey du Roc, Fantome, Gouden Carolus, St. Feuilen, etc...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm... I kind of see what you are saying. I would call the taste of Chimay red, balanced but not really exciting. Chimay blue is a little better so you may wish to try that.

If you do like beer with a lot of flavor, you may wish to try other belgian tripel or strong ales. The special christmass seasonal brews a lot of the smaller breweries release are usually very complex (and loaded with alcohol
smile.gif
). Some examples: Affligem, St. Bernardus, La Chouffe/Mc Chouffe, Deliriums, Abbey du Roc, Fantome, Gouden Carolus, St. Feuilen, etc...

Thanks, D. In a land that 99% of the population drink San Miguel, the good stash are quite limited. There is a company or two that brings in Belgian brews here... will look out for their stuff.

batorizer

Reaction score
boulevard wheat is my go-to beer. I've tried many other wheat beers, but none are as good as boulevard. Other than that I go for red-stripe and kingfisher.

Petter

Reaction score
im a big fan of white beers on a sunny day so hoegaardens definitely hit the spot for me.. especially in those huge half liter or liter mugs they have
smile.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd bring this back to life....

Recent beers

Dogfishhead Pumpkin' Ale (packed with flavor. My favorite pumpkin ale.)

Saranac Pumpkin ale (subtle pumpkin taste with some nutmeg)

Brooklyn Pumpkin (decent, not much pumpkin flavor)

Anchor Steam Beer - Had tasted this beer awhile ago before I was into beer and did not enjoy it. I am drinking it now and still feel the same way. Reminds me a lot of budweiser.

Anchor Liberty Ale - One of my favorites at the moment. Citrusy nose and taste to start, smooth with a hoppy finish that balances everything out perfectly.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Love this beer. Well balanced, nice mouthfeel and available everywhere.

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petter
im a big fan of white beers on a sunny day so hoegaardens definitely hit the spot for me.. especially in those huge half liter or liter mugs they have
smile.gif

YESSSSSS....hoegaarden...the sweet nectar of the gods. By far my favorite beer of all time. It's my usual go to "light" beer.

Otherwise, I stick to maredsou 10 /Chimay red. Seriously, I don't taste the alcohol at that point. Its so smooth. For some reason, I get a harsher taste of alcohol at lower concentrations aka KEYSTONE ICE> KEYSTONE.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweetwater India Pale Ale is pretty f*cking sweet. I tried the Extra Pale Ale first, and it was good. Then I tried the IPA, and it was better!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads