• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

bigjus

Reaction score
ive got those grey reverse horse boots as well - man they are uncomfortable ! my heels hurt after an hour or so and my toes keep going numb ... hoping its just the breaking in period but none of my other a1923 have done this ...

the folds are coming along nicely though !

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ive got those grey reverse horse boots as well - man they are uncomfortable ! my heels hurt after an hour or so and my toes keep going numb ... hoping its just the breaking in period but none of my other a1923 have done this ...

the folds are coming along nicely though !

Maybe condition them and the oil will allow them
To loosen up?

I generally just wear things really hard and then they loosen up. Insoles and thick socks help.

Felhgeschrei

Reaction score
So, another question about CCP:

Big fan of the U Sole boots, but how long does the opening stay? i.e. I would hope that wearing them wouldn't compress the sole to take away that feature, but that doesn't seem realistic. I just recently saw this photo which looks like the sole has been flattened -- or maybe it's the angle? I don't know.

bigjus

Reaction score
yeah , tried spraying them with feibings mink oil which has loosened them up a bit but with them not being a smooth leather thats all i can do really ...

had them on all day though and they havent hurt so hopefully a corner has been turned !

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why get the u-sole when you want it to flatten and close up? It will eventually because of the weight you put on it. Otherwise, just get the prosthetic boots with the regular soles/heels.

Felhgeschrei

Reaction score
I wouldn't want them to close, ideally. The unique sole is what really sells it for me, but if they just end up being flat, eitherway, I don't see why I should pursue them.

bigjus

Reaction score
So, another question about CCP:

Big fan of the U Sole boots, but how long does the opening stay? i.e. I would hope that wearing them wouldn't compress the sole to take away that feature, but that doesn't seem realistic. I just recently saw this photo which looks like the sole has been flattened -- or maybe it's the angle? I don't know.

is that how the u sole goes after a bit of wear ? looks better IMO ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads