• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to vibram now, will post later.

I ordered through Lift, Carrefour also takes orders, as do a couple more stores. Great value for the price, $500 - $1000 depending on blake stitch or handsewn welt, shape (boots run more), and type of leather. These have a handsewn welt, double-sole, and a special type of leather and as such ran around ~$750.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Petrosolaum custom order arrived
Pretty pleased with the results, exactly how I asked - scarred on toes, smooth on lacing area, rough on heels

Wow, @nicelynice what a super-fun pair of shoes! Seems like a great value for a well-made pair of shoes with a lot of personality. I can actually see those being worn in a number of different ways. Great choice of color and textures!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a1923 on sale at PN\P http://pnp-firenze.com/wp/product-category/sale/man-sale/adiciannoveventitre-man-sale/

hoppingtoad

Reaction score

ya boy Marco with the... questionable fit
uhoh.gif

(I prefer to imagine that he's been refreshing the Mr. Porter sale and decided to pounce on some Margielas)

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, round.
So the uneven leather insole/footbed is quite common for Guidi and are more a mark of their handmade craftsmanship and not a defect?
Did you leave your outsoles as they were?
I'm not sure that they are so much a "mark" of being handmade as being object dyed. Object dyeing is an interesting but highly variable process, and leather will shrink at different rates and the shoe will warp differently. It (probably, since I have not seen them) shouldn't be considered a defect, but rather, as a the necessary consequence of the manufacturing process.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, so @uzairh did the CCP production facility look like / have any secret info on the future of the brand?

And please don't buy all the CCP in my size from L'Eclaireur
tongue.gif

lordofthefart

Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone other than Hotoveli that has the Guidi 995 in reverse cordovan in stock in a size 43? Is this a style that's sold pretty regularly every season?

Also, do you guys get a vibram sole on your boots from day 1 to protect the soles?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone know anyone other than Hotoveli that has the Guidi 995 in reverse cordovan in stock in a size 43? Is this a style that's sold pretty regularly every season?

Also, do you guys get a vibram sole on your boots from day 1 to protect the soles?

Try hide-m, but yea it's a pretty regular mark up, you can wait for it or pre-order. I think it's like 3-5 months lead time.

Re vibram, your call, I've been waiting lately and walking around a bit. I prefer vibram because it gives grip to the boot and softens the impact because of the rubber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads