• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

DividedWay

Reaction score
So, for better or worse, I figured out the problem: the welting on the right boot (the boot with a busted toe) is shoddily done, and for a solid few inches does not actually seem to exist on the inner part of the boot. Makes it significantly easier to have the outer, well, do what it did. This is reinforced by the fact that it doesn't seem to have ripped- there are no jagged lines, just a clean edge of the leather with no obvious place the stitching would have been.

Now the questions is: does anyone have a way to contact Atelier or MA+ to get this fixed? I'm almost tempted to see if Holger would help, but he's so ******* awesome I don't want to bug him

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, for better or worse, I figured out the problem: the welting on the right boot (the boot with a busted toe) is shoddily done, and for a solid few inches does not actually seem to exist on the inner part of the boot. Makes it significantly easier to have the outer, well, do what it did. This is reinforced by the fact that it doesn't seem to have ripped- there are no jagged lines, just a clean edge of the leather with no obvious place the stitching would have been. 

Now the questions is: does anyone have a way to contact Atelier or MA+ to get this fixed? I'm almost tempted to see if Holger would help, but he's so ******* awesome I don't want to bug him

Instead of asking him for help just explain the situation and ask for MA+ contact info. Also archive carries ma+...

here is atelier info from old email
ATELIER NEW YORK
304 HUDSON STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10013
T.212.941.8435
F.212.625.2648

DividedWay

Reaction score
Called Archive- they say MA+ doesn't do repairs, and don't answer their (Archive's) calls except for order time. Cobbler it is. Anyone know of someone good in DC?

DividedWay

Reaction score
That shouldn't happen to shoes that expensive. It's a manufacturing error. There's nothing a cobbler can do about it. I would email MA+.

what happened to m.a+ website?

Archive basically said "you're not going to get through to MA+," and I tend to believe them. MA+ doesn't have a website, and I've never heard of anyone getting in contact with them for anything but orders. I'm going to take it to a few cobblers in DC and see if they can just re-welt the shoe. If not... that's artisanal quality control for ya
snork[1].gif

fistinyoface

Reaction score
Try emailing m.a+. I know the belief is against it, but I emailed them once, a few years back, asking for help locating a particular model and I got a reply. They were even friendly enough. I contacted them at this address: [email protected].

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Try emailing m.a+. I know the belief is against it, but I emailed them once, a few years back, asking for help locating a particular model and I got a reply. They were even friendly enough. I contacted them at this address: [email protected].

thats what i've been trying to say, it won't hurt to send an email

fistinyoface

Reaction score
**** to the power infinite. Got one of my grails in the Augusta high hightops in llama leather, black hemp laces, and they're just ******* perfect. Couldn't believe I got them in my size. Well, it seems that Simone is still ******* with me cause these don't fit as marked. Not even close.

Any size 43's or 42's (marked 44 lmao) interested in a great deal on an unworn pair of these?
ffffuuuu.gif

They look like this, but better. Darker deep black leather and really rough mesh hemp laces.

Last edited:

shady_2001

Reaction score
the problem, i suspect, is that maurizio only designs the boots - doesn't actually manufacture them. still, it shouldn't happen. from the obvious similarities it seems that IS among others also uses the same shoemaker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads