• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I think I like the shape of this FW14 boot the best. Assuming they fit, I am going to have to figure out the look to match them with. I typically wear Alden/Viberg/Tricker's which are all very different from a1923, but I've been dying for something not in the CM or Workwear category. I've been lusting over the a1923 dual zips and Guidi back zips for a few years now.

I tried to get some Guidi 988s, but the sizing is too tough to figure out. I think I need a 47 just to be able to fit width-wise. I was about to do a custom order through H. Lorenzo but it was taking forever to get questions answered via email. Plus, I wasn't excited about paying full retail for a final sale custom order.

For Guidi, i would ask Holger at hide-m to do the order he has a big stock and probably will get you what you need.

Re non cm from Alden/Viberg/Tricker to a1923 might be a bit of an extreme jump IMO. if i were you i'd look to MA+ back-zips or cDiem backzip (s21m) / sidezip (s40m). The extreme distressing on a1923 is not for the faint of heart, i've cycled through 5-6 dual zips and sold my favorite pair at the end they just never looked quite right to me, of course different strokes for different folks so YMMV and i hope it does. The a1923 you picked up is closest to the ones i sold (culatta fw14 version)

If you want cDiem reach out to LucaLucaroni via grailed or pm me for his personal contact info, i dont want to post that publicly.

Espresso-Time

Reaction score
For Guidi, i would ask Holger at hide-m to do the order he has a big stock and probably will get you what you need.

Re non cm from Alden/Viberg/Tricker to a1923 might be a bit of an extreme jump IMO. if i were you i'd look to MA+ back-zips or cDiem backzip (s21m) / sidezip (s40m). The extreme distressing on a1923 is not for the faint of heart, i've cycled through 5-6 dual zips and sold my favorite pair at the end they just never looked quite right to me, of course different strokes for different folks so YMMV and i hope it does. The a1923 you picked up is closest to the ones i sold (culatta fw14 version)

If you want cDiem reach out to LucaLucaroni via grailed or pm me for his personal contact info, i dont want to post that publicly.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll probably use hide-m if I go the Guidi route then. Guidi themselves have been very responsive, but the stores I've spoken with in LA haven't been the most helpful. Maybe that's just due to email/etc, MA+ and Carpe Diem are on my radar but I honestly know less about them. I'll continue to keep them in mind and I'll definitely reach out if i go that route.

In terms of the style jump, it's huge for sure but I was kind of hoping for that. I tend to rotate my style almost daily, one day Boglioli Jacket/dress shirt/Alden wing-tips, next day a black double rider/t-shirt/beat up redwings, and so on. Maybe that's not the best approach to style but hey, you always got to keep 'em guessing! Hah. This new attempt with a1923 may not end up working though, as most inspiration albums seem to be heavy on the blacks/muted colors and I have this weird aversion to tucking pants into boots. Let's see if I can pull off these double zips when I go back to the office in summer...

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll probably use hide-m if I go the Guidi route then. Guidi themselves have been very responsive, but the stores I've spoken with in LA haven't been the most helpful. Maybe that's just due to email/etc, MA+ and Carpe Diem are on my radar but I honestly know less about them. I'll continue to keep them in mind and I'll definitely reach out if i go that route.

In terms of the style jump, it's huge for sure but I was kind of hoping for that. I tend to rotate my style almost daily, one day Boglioli Jacket/dress shirt/Alden wing-tips, next day a black double rider/t-shirt/beat up redwings, and so on. Maybe that's not the best approach to style but hey, you always got to keep 'em guessing! Hah. This new attempt with a1923 may not end up working though, as most inspiration albums seem to be heavy on the blacks/muted colors and I have this weird aversion to tucking pants into boots. Let's see if I can pull off these double zips when I go back to the office in summer...

Carpe Diem / CCP were kind of the starting points for the darker fashion. Ma+ came out of cdiem and it shows in his clothing and boots. After cDiem went out of business i'd say ma+ has the best back zip then there was a short time of cDiem reproduction which opened my eyes to their footwear which is very structured and can work in most wardrobes while still being edgy.

Re pants into boots, UMM well i tuck into my lace ups but not zips, the military style has always been with lace ups or RO creepers come to mind. I'd love to find a nice pair of jeans/pants that can work with my CCP and tuck but i am approx 5'10 with 11 size foot the CCP/Cdiem if i dont proportion them well make my feet look pretty big so the stacking effect of some jeans helps balance.

Espresso-Time

Reaction score
Carpe Diem / CCP were kind of the starting points for the darker fashion. Ma+ came out of cdiem and it shows in his clothing and boots. After cDiem went out of business i'd say ma+ has the best back zip then there was a short time of cDiem reproduction which opened my eyes to their footwear which is very structured and can work in most wardrobes while still being edgy.

Re pants into boots, UMM well i tuck into my lace ups but not zips, the military style has always been with lace ups or RO creepers come to mind. I'd love to find a nice pair of jeans/pants that can work with my CCP and tuck but i am approx 5'10 with 11 size foot the CCP/Cdiem if i dont proportion them well make my feet look pretty big so the stacking effect of some jeans helps balance.

Yeah, I've seen some MA+ back zips that look really nice. For whatever reason I am a sucker for texture which is why in my I've gravitated more toward a1923 and Guidi. With Guidi it's definitely the rolls that I like and with a1923 it's the intense texture/patina of some of the leather the use. I am probably viewing the whole artisanal aesthetic in an incorrect or narrow way, but I guess I'll find out if it works for me soon enough.

And for the pants being tucked, I think it looks great for some outfits. I could see doing it with lace-up over zips too. My issue with it is that when I was a kid, there was this trashy guy on the street who would always tuck his stonewashed denim into his cowboy boots. I guess I just built up a fear of looking like him Haha. But of course his look is completely different than someone tucking tapered pants into some 788s.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NIce! I'll have to reach out to him, I have few pair of boots to vibram.

Those A1923 dualzips above are beautiful.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen some MA+ back zips that look really nice. For whatever reason I am a sucker for texture which is why in my I've gravitated more toward a1923 and Guidi. With Guidi it's definitely the rolls that I like and with a1923 it's the intense texture/patina of some of the leather the use. I am probably viewing the whole artisanal aesthetic in an incorrect or narrow way, but I guess I'll find out if it works for me soon enough.

And for the pants being tucked, I think it looks great for some outfits. I could see doing it with lace-up over zips too. My issue with it is that when I was a kid, there was this trashy guy on the street who would always tuck his stonewashed denim into his cowboy boots. I guess I just built up a fear of looking like him Haha. But of course his look is completely different than someone tucking tapered pants into some 788s.

rolls and scars for you here

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing new. Just old stuff that I never added vibram to. I have not really purchased any clothing or footwear this past year. Cars/watches was 2020 haha

Espresso-Time

Reaction score
rolls and scars for you here

Those are sick! I like the the fact that they almost look like a living thing (or recently dead ha). This style boot reminds me of what someone would wear in an HR Giger painting. I saw on your IG that you have another pair of A1923s that looks like they're made of waves of black mercury. I think that's their Culatta leather. Also very nice.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Probably be here for a good long time. Not much calling us back to the US, really. And several hours of Japanese studies a day (not to mention using it wherever we go) is making it easier to dig in.

Kudos on the M5. Very nice.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was able to pickup a sea dweller, hulk, and most recently a sky dweller blue in the last 12 mos. Got bit by the watch bug a few years back. Lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads