• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bad thread for this, but I think I have an issue with my new pair of Guidi boots I got from Holger
frown.gif
Just want to hear your thoughts.

I've taken them for a couple of walks, but I'm getting significant discomfort on the my left foot. Right foot is perfect, super comfortable. It's like the flex point on the left shoe isn't right - the toe cap digs into my toes right where the shoe bends. I thought my left foot might be smaller, but I've never had that issue on other shoes. Measuring the length of my feet there's no significant difference. There is about an 2-2,5 cm of toe space (1 inch), which should be fine right? - the width seems to fit at least. Maybe they could've been a half size smaller, I don't know, but don't think it should make that much of a difference.

I was stumped. But then I noticed something. It almost looks and feels as if there is no reinforced toe on the right shoe
puzzled.gif
Really, I don't know if this can be right. Seems so strange. I know it's hard to judge from pictures, but look at this..

It's obvious that the left shoe folds right where the toe cap starts..

This picture is taken after I pressed down on the toe of both shoes. Right shoe is flat, left bounces back into shape. Feels a little stiffer, too. Can't be that much of a difference between the leather structure/stiffness right?

Last edited:

docdocgs

Reaction score
^^
Get the A_Tre model maybe try to request visible GY stitching. Don't forget you can request different color lining too.

Re: a1923- I don't think any store has gotten their Shell boots yet. Mine were cancelled a few years ago by A1923 when I pre-ordered through Anchoret.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was kind of leaning that way anyway, and your opinion is helpful. I'll ask about the visible GY stitching that sounds like a great idea!

The perspective on a1923 shell is also quite helpful. I wonder what is preventing Simone from working more with shell. Not that he doesn't have some other great leathers and treatments, but that is kind of the ultimate.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The highlight of A1923 is really the leather and treatments - colors and textures you really don't see anywhere else. I'm sure he can make a fantastic shell boot, but if he's just going to use another maker's leather, I don't see why it HAS to be from A1923 unless you're really in love with his construction and/or shapes. M_moria and Petrosolaum already do fantastic work in shell

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
previously there was an issue with the treatment on the shell. Re: A1923.

pic from my dude, Pita

Last edited:

docdocgs

Reaction score
The highlight of A1923 is really the leather and treatments - colors and textures you really don't see anywhere else. I'm sure he can make a fantastic shell boot, but if he's just going to use another maker's leather, I don't see why it HAS to be from A1923 unless you're really in love with his construction and/or shapes. M_moria and Petrosolaum already do fantastic work in shell

I do really like Simone's construction and shape, and I guess I'm also curious what, if anything, he might do differently to the shell he receives in terms of treatments. I'd also like to compare his shell boot with the m_moriabc I have in a hands-on way.
Do you know what Mr. Altieri's shell source is by any chance?

docdocgs

Reaction score
Hmmm...sounds suspiciously like "another maker's leather."
butbut.gif
Kind of a rhetorical/facetious question in the first place; my apologies.
There are very few purveyors of shell cordovan, so finding someone who uses a unique source is obviously not the issue. And fwiw, I haven't seen Petrosolaum footwear in person, but they don't seem to be in the same class as m_moriabc; to label them both as "fantastic" seems overly simplistic.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Ha! You wore "your boots?!?!" Which ones, man?!?!
I wore my old but now pretty awesome Atelier-purchased, a1923 "fatto-a-mano" horse culatta black boots today. Second pair of baller boots I ever bought (after my Layer-0 blood/black boots from Vitamori; remember that site?), and when they first arrived I almost shat myself thinking that they were WAY too small, but after wearing them, of course, they are a lovely fit. They keep getting better with every wear.
I do have one pair of a1923 derbies, and a pair of L-0 derbies on the way, so maybe I can take the Big Leap and wear those out in public some day. Tomorrow might be too soon, though.
For the rain, kudu back-zips. grim reapers of the boot world.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ha! You wore "your boots?!?!" Which ones, man?!?!
I wore my old but now pretty awesome Atelier-purchased, a1923 "fatto-a-mano" horse culatta black boots today. Second pair of baller boots I ever bought (after my Layer-0 blood/black boots from Vitamori; remember that site?), and when they first arrived I almost shat myself thinking that they were WAY too small, but after wearing them, of course, they are a lovely fit. They keep getting better with every wear. 
I do have one pair of a1923 derbies, and a pair of L-0 derbies on the way, so maybe I can take the Big Leap and wear those out in public some day. Tomorrow might be too soon, though.
For the rain, kudu back-zips. grim reapers of the boot world.

fw14 culatta dual zips, opened one of the zips for some air... oh and i work in SJ so you know i was a bit warmer then sf.

dude don't you have MM on the way as well? how many shoes did you pre-order?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm...sounds suspiciously like "another maker's leather." :butbut:  Kind of a rhetorical/facetious question in the first place; my apologies.
There are very few purveyors of shell cordovan, so finding someone who uses a unique source is obviously not the issue. And fwiw, I haven't seen Petrosolaum footwear in person, but they don't seem to be in the same class as m_moriabc; to label them both as "fantastic" seems overly simplistic. 

Petrosolaum and M moria are quite comparable as far as quality goes. Both are 100% handmade to the highest pedigree. Petrosolaum obviously doesn't use the wooden nails and uses shinki cordovan which IMO isn't as nice as Horween, but to put M_moria so high on a pedestal is placing too much emphasis on the price and myth of Altieri. Again, this is no knock on M_moria - the work is incredible, I've never handled a nicer boot, but there are a lot of quality shoemakers out there l

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads