• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a similar note, is there anywhere to find baller buttons? I'm looking at the buttons on some of my nicer things, like a Inis Meain coat I have, and I don't know anywhere to find buttons this nice. My LUC cardi needs new buttons and it doesn't feel right sewing on anything that is less than stellar.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there's a tried and true source, but I find the best option is to talk to retailers you have a good relationship with. They tend to have some spare laces lying around. This can sometimes include Carpe laces.

Not sure if you are talking about actual Carpe laces or just leather laces. The latter is of course more sourceable since Carpe is gone.

Eckblk shipped me like 4-5 spare laces from the last pair I bought from him, but not sharing ;p

Yeah i have original carpe laces on them, i like the dongle bit that makes it easier for knotting. Guess I'll poke around but I wouldn't mind regular leather laces too as long as they're the right length.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
share 1 with me, @Abraxis :foo:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from WAYWT.

Got my linen Layer-0 pants in today from PN/P.

Beautiful all-around.

Melt, snow, melt. :)

I think it's pretty hilarious that PN/P tried to suggest that the color looked anything like this:

Oh, well. Italian baller niche stores can do whatever they want, I suppose.

fps

Reaction score

On a similar note, is there anywhere to find baller buttons? I'm looking at the buttons on some of my nicer things, like a Inis Meain coat I have, and I don't know anywhere to find buttons this nice. My LUC cardi needs new buttons and it doesn't feel right sewing on anything that is less than stellar.

If you want proper horn buttons, try Richard James Weldon; they're who a lot of high-end London/UK tailors use. http://www.richardjamesweldon.com/

Download their catalogue and just drop them an email. They take small orders and ship internationally.:satisfied:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh those pants are nicer than I expected. I didn't think the linen would be that thick since its a SS15 release though seasonality doesn't seem to matter to "artisanal" brands.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The linen is actually lighter in weight than it looks.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

X-post from WAYWT.

Got my linen Layer-0 pants in today from PN/P.

Beautiful all-around.

Melt, snow, melt. :)

I think it's pretty hilarious that PN/P tried to suggest that the color looked anything like this:

Oh, well. Italian baller niche stores can do whatever they want, I suppose.

They look darker In your pics that's about it.

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but it looks like there's more color variation in his own pic. I see some splotches of blue/faded black?

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may be wrong, but it looks like there's more color variation in his own pic. I see some splotches of blue/faded black?

Yeah, all I was talking about was the shade. The lighting PN/P uses for their blog pics is just pretty awful for anything other than determining the basic silhouette. There's lots of surprises as far as the coloring goes. And as Eck said, they're quite thin. But I am very happy I snatched them up as I'm pretty sure all the sizes in this color are now sold out (at least through PN/P).

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, all I was talking about was the shade. The lighting PN/P uses for their blog pics is just pretty awful for anything other than determining the basic silhouette. There's lots of surprises as far as the coloring goes. And as Eck said, they're quite thin. But I am very happy I snatched them up as I'm pretty sure all the sizes in this color are now sold out (at least through PN/P).

yea they look good...

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex- you should call the shop have Matteo put the black aside in your size when they show up. The cut works for you (I prefer it for myself too).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads