• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, just emailed JGilbert.

thank you sir, shot him an email to see if I can jump on

They should give me a few % off my next order if you guys get into the preorder...
nod[1].gif

Matty123

Reaction score
@mdubs Thanks bud! I will wear them ASAP. It's been 90 degrees here with high humidity so as soon as it cools down a bit I'll take them and the wife out for dinner. But for now I will break them in around the house!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
If you ever want someone to take those off your hands then you know where to find me! An unworn pair of sweet sweet ravello boots could become a burdensome thing and I would hate to see you get stressed out about it. Seriously though, let me know if you guys are getting together in Philly. I would definitely be up for grabbing a drink or two sometime.
@fitzcooper We were actually just talking about getting together. I'll let you know.

akhanani

Reaction score
Do you have a sense for whether there's much room to specify what model/look WRT the non-8/black cordovans? Differently: could one request a pair of, say, jumper boots in the whiskey?

Thanks!

zennypoo

Reaction score

Do you have a sense for whether there's much room to specify what model/look WRT the non-8/black cordovans? Differently: could one request a pair of, say, jumper boots in the whiskey?

Thanks!

Unfortunately Alden will no longer do individual MTO. Most vendors offer their own designs and people obtain them by either getting on a list (Alden DC, TSM, B+M/AoC) or joining in on a pre-order when they are announced (Leffot, Epaulet, AoM). It's unusual to modify any design details for those orders.

Alternatively, you could gather 12 interested people and get a group order going with Alden of Madison and Yenni from B+M. They are usually limited to color 8 and black shell and the expected wait time is quite long.

Exotic shell like cigar, ravello, and whiskey are usually off limits to any group orders.

Hope that helps,

-D

Disco Volante

Reaction score
PSA Leffot preorders Monday for navy CXL Greenwich boots and some very handsome brown alpine grain with brass eyes and hooks on commando Greenwich boots.

TommyB

Reaction score

Email Sean at J.Gilbert: [email protected] From his email - $775, Plaza last, January 2016 delivery. Limited run.
Does anyone know if this is with dark or antique edge, btw? Looks like dark on the photo, but not sure if that's of the actual makeup. Would love if it was antique. Edit: Just spoke to Sean, it's the dark edge (as pictured). Got on the pre-order anyway (thanks, JSO1!). Guess beggars can't be choosers. Could always send them off to Randy the cobbler...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads