• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevefok

Reaction score

PSA, do not buy from this ebay seller

more suspicious listings from thailand

he listed 5 pairs this morning, already sold the ravello daytrippers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/babarastore/m.html?item=261951022743&hash=item3cfd7f6697&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I echo DV! That guy is certainly the Thai Scammer I encountered in the SF B&S 1.5 year ago. That ebay seller is from Thailand also and he uses the same product photo as the scammer i encountered.

Plus that Aberdeen cigar Alt wien boot he's selling was listed in the SF B&S a while ago and was sold within our Alden community. Link: http://www.styleforum.net/t/490784/alden-cigar-medallion-cap-toe-boots/0_50

I open a lisiting in B&S to warn other members and you can find more evidence in here : http://www.styleforum.net/forum/newestpost/502988

Have a good day Gentlemen!

Last edited:

shoetree

Reaction score

Alden Cigar LWBs. Barrie Last. Made in 2014. TheShoeMart. Slacks from Epaulet.
-Mike
Great cigars. I was lucky to get a pair from the same batch (TSM '14).

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
PSA, since they appear to have been discontinued: size 8 1/2 Alden x J Crew #8 cordovan PCT boot available on the J Crew website...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if any reseller is planning on doing one of these makeups soon, and has a list you can get on

1) Whiskey PTB on Barrie, open to sole/edge/welt

2) Ravello short or LWB, open to last/the rest

3) Ravello cap toe boot, grant last

4) NST, reverse chamois w/commando sole

Thanks

gr789

Reaction score
Wondering if any reseller is planning on doing one of these makeups soon, and has a list you can get on

Thanks

I am not positive but I was just at Alden of Madison and I think that they have lists for #1 and #2 (they told me that they expected a 1-2 year wait on many of their lists.

Also, I think that Alden of DC has a list for #3.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first contribution to whiskey Wednesday. Have had these for almost a year and this is only the 3rd time wearing them. I don't know if the iPhone camera will capture it, but they have already developed a very nice caramel shade to them.

J One

Reaction score

Thanks

I am not positive but I was just at Alden of Madison and I think that they have lists for #1 and #2 (they told me that they expected a 1-2 year wait on many of their lists.

Also, I think that Alden of DC has a list for #3.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Also Leffot has #4 for preorder in several sizes.

victorioussiry

Reaction score
Thanks for the socks info you guys.
The alden community never ceases to amaze me. Probably read at least half of the total posts here.

I guess my style is an alden beginner with mostly raw denim for my pants, not ventured into trousers yet.

I forgot to mention that I live in Hawaii and I started with calvin klein 100% cotton thin socks to keep my feet cool (seems to break down quite quickly).
The consensus seems to be the smart wool socks but I never really tried wool socks before.
I wasn't sure if wool would keep my toes chilly because wool seems to be known for warmth?

What are your opinions for thin summer (hawaii weather compatible) socks?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the socks info you guys.
The alden community never ceases to amaze me.  Probably read at least half of the total posts here.

I guess my style is an alden beginner with mostly raw denim for my pants, not ventured into trousers yet.

I forgot to mention that I live in Hawaii and I started with calvin klein 100% cotton thin socks to keep my feet cool (seems to break down quite quickly).  
The consensus seems to be the smart wool socks but I never really tried wool socks before.
I wasn't sure if wool would keep my toes chilly because wool seems to be known for warmth?

What are your opinions for thin summer (hawaii weather compatible) socks?

Wool is better in cold and hot weather. It's a wonder material. Cotton, on the other hand, sucks most of the time.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amongst darn tough, smart wool, panthrella, anonymousism and chup, I find chup to have the best quality.

just be aware though, darn tough and chup socks are generally thick; thick enough that you may need to size up if your dress shoes already fit snug with thin wool dress socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads