• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many do they usually make in each size per run?  I see a lot of "2 in my size" posts - is that the norm?  2 per size per run?

Depends on the size of the run.

I'm surprised 12D are getting 2. With a 24 pair run usually we get one pair. I think most retailers order 2 pairs of the more popular sizes (8-10) one each of the small and large sizes and perhaps 1 pair each of 8E-10E

Don't forget about the people who require narrow or extra wide as well and those 24 pairs are gone in a hurry!

If it is a small run like the Whiskey WTB (12 pairs) forget it.. every man for himself!

MT1982

Reaction score
Speaking of Naval boots, I just snapped a few pictures of mine. I know I share them a fair bit, but I'm just so excited to see sunlight again!

I'm surprised 12D are getting 2. With a 24 pair run usually we get one pair. I think most retailers order 2 pairs of the more popular sizes (8-10) one each of the small and large sizes and perhaps 1 pair each of 8E-10E

Don't forget about the people who require narrow or extra wide as well and those 24 pairs are gone in a hurry!

If it is a small run like the Whiskey WTB (12 pairs) forget it.. every man for himself!

Crap. I was 9 or 10 I think on the 9 1/2 D's for the Ravello. So assuming two pairs were made I'm still 4 to 5 runs away from owning a pair assuming every person keeps theirs :( I'm on the list for Cigar too, but don't know what place.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There were two 11.5D as well for some reason. I'm 3rd so feel y'all's pain.

Also. Alt wein boot? I knew EP had the shoe last summer for preorder but don't remember the boot.

aldennoob

Reaction score
How's the size of Naval compare to jcrew' version or alden sf cap toe boot version??
Just read some comment from internet said Naval is half size larger than others...

CEE88

Reaction score

I believe I read somewhere on this forum that unlined is better for sockless so the lining doesn't hold on to the moisture. 
I think unlined just feels better on your foot (moisture being part, but not all of it). I wear my lined color 8 Ranger sockless and it feels pretty good, but not nearly as comfortable my unlined 8 Dover.

Disco Volante

Reaction score
What do you guys think about these shoes with dark denim/ in general? I'm in a very casual work environment. Yes or no?

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yes with dark denim light denim ,cords etc.

Edit. Forgot. ..... Nice shoes :)

Last edited:

Disco Volante

Reaction score

^yes with dark denim light denim ,cords etc.

Edit. Forgot. ..... Nice shoes :)

Thanks, it was very difficult to find much info at all about the 911. I'll take some much better shots of them for the community once I have a little spare time and daylight. The color is pleasantly a little darker than expected, and have been insanely comfortable out of the box. Just making sure I want to keep these before I put a crease in them or take a step off the carpet.

I've tried every permutation of size with the Allen Edmonds 5 last two years ago and cannot make walnut strands work for me. So these seem to be an even better alternative and a slightly more versatile color.

Any other feedback is greatly appreciated, are these keepers?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it was very difficult to find much info at all about the 911. I'll take some much better shots of them for the community once I have a little spare time and daylight. The color is pleasantly a little darker than expected, and have been insanely comfortable out of the box. Just making sure I want to keep these before I put a crease in them or take a step off the carpet.

I've tried every permutation of size with the Allen Edmonds 5 last two years ago and cannot make walnut strands work for me. So these seem to be an even better alternative and a slightly more versatile color.

Any other feedback is greatly appreciated, are these keepers?

I personally find the Hampton Last to be one of the most comfortable lasts I have ever worn...

Literally like house shoes...

Go for it my friend

fal32

Reaction score

How's the size of Naval compare to jcrew' version or alden sf cap toe boot version??
Just read some comment from internet said Naval is half size larger than others...

If I'm not mistaken the Naval boot is on the Barrie last..so most people size down 1/2 size from TTS.

chrisefi

Reaction score

I think I might end up in Philly this weekend.. Any retailers worth stopping in? Thanks in advance!
None. Sherman Brothers but they are pretty much stock Alden models. Good for leather defender and shoe trees.
Super satisfied! Here is another good looking picture
No spoiler on purpose! These are phenomenal. I love mine and I'm sure these will be a favorite for you too. Enjoy them!
Yea they do!
tifosi's daytrippers were the ones that sold me! I love the Ravello CT boot. The blooming makes them look awesome!
Whiskey WTB from AoM
This flaw is the only noticeable one, but it is damn annoying.. on the side of one of the boots. A black line running across part of the boot.
Not a big deal on the flaw IMO but I get why you'd be frustrated. I would be too. Regardless they are sick and I'd wear the crap out of them and barely notice after a few wears. Congrats on such an amazing and rare boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads