• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylku

Reaction score
[/spoiler]

Send them back or e-mail them asking them for a discount.

Thank you.
And please keep us posted. It is always interesting to see how a store handles this. Especially for a first time customer.

OK. I'll post if any update.
Aw that stinks! As others have said, I would not accept paying full price for these. Not sure if you will be happy getting a discount or just returning them for exchange/refund. As stated above, please keep the forum up to date with the outcome and good luck dealing with the merchant, hope they exceed your expectations in addressing this.

Thanks.
Which store did you get those from. They do resell shoes which have been tried on or returned from customers with a bit of imperfection but those are the worst I've ever seen. That's totally unacceptable. How's the condition of the soles?

Thank you, Steve.

^looks like someone tried on in-store. I would exchange for another pair.

Thank you guys.

Alden Madison said I can send the shoes back and they will process a refund for me. I decide to send shoes back to them.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on when you need to get your shoe resoled? Obviously if there is a hole in the sole, but are there any other warning signs? I find that the stitches near the toe and left side of my shoes can wear away pretty quickly. The heels look like they still have a lot of life though. Any thoughts?
Does it feel soft or hard?
twss

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice-
I am looking to get a black or #8 boot to wear primarily with jeans while working. I was lucky enough to score a #8 indy off of the Jcrew pricing glitch a few weeks back but am concerned with the crepe sole. I am a real estate appraiser so I won't be wearing these while digging ditches or anything but they will see frequent wet grass and the occasional construction site with dirt and mud. Is this the wrong boot for me?
Would I be better off considering the Ironside Indy? I dig it, it has the commando sole, but I am worried the chamois will stain with all of the waling through wet grass I do.
Thanks for any insight.

I would have the same concern with the Ironside. I would definitely go with the jcrew Indy (and not just because I got the same deal). I have owned crepe and found it to be an excellent bad weather shoe. I know others have shared different experiences, but I found it to be the most comfortable and practical of all the Alden soles. Just not the most aesthetically pleasing. At the jcrew price, they make great kickers and actually cost less than the Ironside.

Any chance you (or anyone who ordered the JCrew Indy) know what last it is built on?

jstancato

Reaction score

Huge thanks to @inn8chiro for letting me pick up his Leffot Day Tripper in Chamois!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Great boot paired with @Rogue Territory RK ISC Trousers.

breck81

Reaction score

Huge thanks to @inn8chiro for letting me pick up his Leffot Day Tripper in Chamois!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Great boot paired with @Rogue Territory RK ISC Trousers.
I love those Leffot Trippers. Such a great make up. I hope to snag a pair the next go around.

And obviously i dig the RgT. Their Spring Drop 1 just landed.(As I'm sure you are aware
cheers.gif
)

jstancato

Reaction score

I love those Leffot Trippers. Such a great make up. I hope to snag a pair the next go around. 

And obviously i dig the RgT. Their Spring Drop 1 just landed.(As I'm sure you are aware:cheers: )

They are a fantastic design! Sleek and sturdy.
I saw the rgt drop! I'm looking forward to the 2nd one!

Vicious49

Reaction score
My shoemart 2nds arrived. I'm really liking these casual suede ones. The crepe some is really comfy. I do see why they are 2nds though. There's a small cut on the suede near the tip of one of the shoes. I'm fine with that though so will most likely end up keeping these.

postal007

Reaction score

My shoemart 2nds arrived. I'm really liking these casual suede ones. The crepe some is really comfy. I do see why they are 2nds though. There's a small cut on the suede near the tip of one of the shoes. I'm fine with that though so will most likely end up keeping these.

Nice, interesting makeup with the suede, brass eyelets, and crepe soles. Must feel like butter with those materials! Congrats, I would keep them too.

Vicious49

Reaction score
They do feel nice. Like someone else suggested earlier in the thread, I can wear them as an alternative to sneakers since they're a very casual makeup and have the crepe soles.

I also got these CXL LWBs on crepe that I'll be sending back since they are a bit too similar to my tobacco chamois LWBs on commando. It appears that when they were doing the sole dressing on these, they came up on to the welt on one of the shoes which made these 2nds. If anyone wants these, let me know soon otherwise I'll be returning them to TSM. They are 8.5D on Barrie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads