• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Site looks great Mike!

I also snagged a BB LHS. They showed in 11 and 11.5D. Wonder if BB is getting a restock, or if it just took that long for the 2nds to show up from the last one.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I share the opinion of most. I spend almost an hour today reviewing and drooling over Mike's Blog. Its excellent. Thanks for all your contributions bud.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to order a pair of Aldens in different sizes or widths for your right foot and left foot? Would Alden be willing to accommodate something like this? In the past year or two, my right foot seems to have grown (???), and some of my shoes and boots that fit perfectly on my left foot now feel tight on my right foot, which never used to be th case. Some are OK, I can feel the difference in fit but the shoes are still wearable, but with others it's gotten to the point where they're almost unwearable because they feel too tight on my toes on my right foot. It's quite frustrating, especially with some rare pairs that I lusted over for years, which are now painful to wear for long periods of time.

I need to get professionally fitted for my right foot, I know how everything fits my left because I have several perfectly fittingly pairs for that foot, but I haven't found anything that works for my right foot recently. I think later this year I'll be in San Francisco for a short trip and I'll make sure to make a stop at the Alden Shop to see if they can help me out. Hopefully I can start re-buying some shoes in mis-matched sizes if I need to.

Last edited:

thams

Reaction score
All,

I am very excited to announce, that I have decided to create a shoe blog dedicated to Alden. I do not intend to be competing with StyleForum, but thought that it was a better way to post up more static information that could be referenced back to (without having to use our favorite search feature).

For fun, I decided to call it, Alden of San Diego and it can be found at http://aldenofsandiego.com/ (assuming Alden is cool with that, otherwise I will change the URL). I hope that it is a good and useful reference for everyone here! I already posted it up in my signature and have decided to utilize this venue as a more readily accessible method for maintaining the FAQ. I have given a few members that I know and trust accounts to help me edit and maintain the information...

Also, I expect some of you may be interested, I posted a catalog of all of my shoes (with pictures, model numbers, etc.) I hope that this is a useful reference so that you can see what I have and what is in the realm of the possible and I posted up where I got mine from, so I hope that it should make connecting patterns to vendors a lot easier...

http://aldenofsandiego.com/?page_id=61

Anywho, I hope that you all enjoy. Thanks and have a good night!

-Mike
Awesome, Mike!! A suggestion: you should add a "patina page" as a dedication to finely aged footwear (not just shell, but calf, CXL, and suede). It could give me a one-stop shop to drool over images instead of googling "shell cordovan patina" over and over again. Just a friendly suggestion -- awesome start!

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to order a pair of Aldens in different sizes or widths for your right foot and left foot? Would Alden be willing to accommodate something like this? In the past year or two, my right foot seems to have grown (???), and some of my shoes and boots that fit perfectly on my left foot now feel tight on my right foot, which never used to be th case. Some are OK, I can feel the difference in fit but the shoes are still wearable, but with others it's gotten to the point where they're almost unwearable because they feel too tight on my toes on my right foot. It's quite frustrating, especially with some rare pairs that I lusted over for years, which are now painful to wear for long periods of time.

I need to get professionally fitted for my right foot, I know how everything fits my left because I have several perfectly fittingly pairs for that foot, but I haven't found anything that works for my right foot recently. I think later this year I'll be in San Francisco for a short trip and I'll make sure to make a stop at the Alden Shop to see if they can help me out. Hopefully I can start re-buying some shoes in mis-marched sizes if I need to.

I've asked - they dont make different widths or lengths ('mismates'). At best they can stretch one shoe in width, so that might work

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Awesome, Mike!!  A suggestion: you should add a "patina page" as a dedication to finely aged footwear (not just shell, but calf, CXL, and suede).  It could give me a one-stop shop to drool over images instead of googling "shell cordovan patina" over and over again.  Just a friendly suggestion -- awesome start!

That would work if Mike's shoes ever showed patina....haha

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Lowly cxl today.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Looking good. Innsbrucks? Guessing those haven't been to the tailor yet ;)

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've asked - they dont make different widths or lengths ('mismates'). At best they can stretch one shoe in width, so that might work

Thanks for the info. Or maybe I'd be better off sizing up and wearing an insole or something in my left shoe to compensate. Either way it sound like I won't have much luck unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads