• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So for those that size up a 1/2 size in Barrie boots. How are you TruBalance boots?

Don't know if you are referring to me but I am not sizing up on the boot, merely TTS. Trubalance is similar for me. I have worn 11.5d and 12d and prefer the 12d because i wear them with heavy, thick socks.

inn8chiro

Reaction score
You always wear very nice (read: sharp/cool) trousers, and these denims are no exception. May I ask what brand/model they are?

These are actually just a cheap pair of Levis. 511's I believe. They are lightweight easier to work in for me at the office on casual days, I save the raw heavyweight stuff for days when I am not having to work on people all day, but it does add the the fades :)

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Agreed, great boots. As soon as I shipped them back, I found the TSM irregular list I signed up and on that 1st list was a 9.5D, i couldn't dial fast enough but I learned real quick, there are much faster dialers on this thread than me. I would definitely pick this boot up if I had another chance. Inn8 enjoy the boots!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Snuffday

AidanSSK

Reaction score
I never liked black leather shoes until I saw the black shell tankers. Such beautiful shoes. One day, hopefully soon, I'll own one or seven pairs

CEE88

Reaction score

Happy Snuff Thursday!
Those look GREAT. I was very close to picking up a pair from J. Gilbert several months ago. But I already have a short wing reverse chamois boot on order from Leffot and I just want to make sure the style works for me.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,
Good evening. So far it looks like everybody has had a great Alden week. Solid showings from many of you.

Last year was a big year for me in terms of Alden purchases. I definitely went overboard, acquired about 6 or 7 pair including #2 LWB, cigar cap toe and medallion toe boots, Ravello chukkas, #8 boots, and some Natty CXL options. I also pre-ordered a pair of Ravello wingtip boots from Alden Madison that I am expecting in the next month or two. As a result, I promised myself that I would take it very easy in 2015 regarding new Alden purchases. Not go crazy. Pace myself. Be reasonable.

And then this happened today:

Guess I have no choice but to wear the heck out of them.
Dave

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gents,
Good evening. So far it looks like everybody has had a great Alden week. Solid showings from many of you.

Last year was a big year for me in terms of Alden purchases. I definitely went overboard, acquired about 6 or 7 pair including #2 LWB, cigar cap toe and medallion toe boots, Ravello chukkas, #8 boots, and some Natty CXL options. I also pre-ordered a pair of Ravello wingtip boots from Alden Madison that I am expecting in the next month or two. As a result, I promised myself that I would take it very easy in 2015 regarding new Alden purchases. Not go crazy. Pace myself. Be reasonable.

And then this happened today:

Guess I have no choice but to wear the heck out of them.
Dave

Dave, just give up or stop following this thread. Please see the FAQ... ;-) Both are beautiful and I can see why you broke down.

One of my favorite boot make ups. Always a good day when worn ; )

Nice Alden x Leffot Tankers. Those are beauties!

Cigar Chukka in need of Mac lovin

Chippy, those look pretty clean to me! I find that Chukkas are crease city! Looking good and enjoy your Thursday!

Happy Snuffday

Ha, nice job Kahuna! Have a good one and enjoy your Suede Boots!

Happy Snuff Thursday!

Mr. Box, you are looking terrific in your Barrie Snuff Wingtips! Have a great Thursday!

Not me, I am a 7.5D Barrie and wearing my unlined chukkas on Leydon today. They fit fantastic in an 8E.

Buz, looking relaxed in your glove-like Unlined Suede Chukkas. I have found that particular model harder for me to fit and still haven't decided what size I like the best.

Got these from my friend @prez in greece, thanks George.

Nice combination Inn8, not sure how you get your feet through those tiny leg holes. You must use a funnel or something to get into those... ;-) Love the Suede Boots though.

06590112781c9155119ad291b266e815.jpg

#8 BB tassels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoanShark, those are beautiful Tassels. The BB is the best Tassel. Enjoy them in the best of health. P.S. I can not think of a better Alden model for someone named LoanShark... ;-)

Thanks for the black shell help gentlemen! Appreciate that !

Made me break out my black shell today

Have a great day all !

Joe, those are absolutely outstanding! Enjoy them in the best of health!

King WTB today. Cold with a little residual snow on the ground today

Henry, looking great in your Wingtip Boots!

jGilbert 6-Eye Hummus Chukka

DonL, always looking great in your Suede Chukkas! I love the Plaza Lasts impact on that model. :)

Mink brown suede captoe boots on Barrie today, got these as seconds from TSM. Not sure what the defect is, which I'm not complaining about.

On a related note, I need to change size for Barrie lasted boots; need 1/2 size up due to snugness. I have several pairs of barely worn (at most 3 times) barrie boots in 6E that I need to let go, wanted to see if there are any interested parties here before they go up on market place/ebay. Please shoot me a PM if interested.

• Ravello wingtip boot, double leather sole. From TheShoeMart
  • Color 8 wingtip boot, commando sole. From Alden of Carmel
  • Chocolate suede NST boot, commando sole. From LeatherSole
  • Snuff suede NST boot, WaterLok sole. From Unipair
  • Color 8 perf captoe boot (Naval boot), double leather sole. From Leffot
  • Brown cxl captoe boot, commando sole. From Alden NY

-D

D, looking great in your Suede Cap Toe Boots! Sorry to hear about your sizing issues! :-(

#8 x leffot

D, another great Alden x Leffot Tanker example! :)

-Mike

jstancato

Reaction score

Here is my growing collection!

Natural CXL plain toe, Brown CXL Roy Boot,
Seven Hills Indy boot, 405 Indy boot,
Citi shoes perforated toe cap boot, and snuff suede medallion boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads