• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years gents,

Enjoy some football today! Thanks to everyone for the help given through out the year.

Indy brown cxl
Snuff plain toe boot
Cigar Indy
Tan suede Indy
Alpine NST boot
Plain toe chamois shoe
Jcrew #8 cap toe boot

Color 8 nst boot commando

The Indy brown cxl is one of my favorites of all my boots and since I wear them a bunch I have realized I am going to take a less is more approach and really get all my boots broken in....the comfort level just goes up so much for me.

I have passed on several builds do to this and so far the shaking and sweats have subsided a little.

Last edited:

Vicious49

Reaction score
I've kept 4 pairs from last year and kept 3 new purchases from this year - 2 of which were just recently since I was on a buying hiatus a good chunk of the year due to moving cross country and purchasing a new home. Purchases from this year include:

- tobacco chamois longwings from Leffot
- unlined natural CXL chukkas from Leffot (should be delivered Monday)
- kudu 6 eyelet chukkas on Trubalance from The Bureau (should be delivered Monday)

I have nothing on the list for 2015 but if I see a unique makeup I like or something I think would be versatile, I might make an impulse purchase. I do need to pick up a nice pair of loafers at some point. Maybe I'll get fitted on the Van last next time I go back home to visit DC. If I still lived in the DC area I'd be looking at a lot more boot purchases. In Texas I'm more likely to wear my suede Dovers than boots for at least half the year.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone here own a pair of the RL Marlow tassels?  Can you compare the sizing to the Alden shell tassels (563)?
Thanks...

For me I go TTS Marlow and my Van size in the BB Tassel which is also my Barrie size. However, Aberdeen shoe and Boot I go TTS. Hope this helps some..

AidanSSK

Reaction score
I dunno, MrDV is being coy. And Mac sits above, laughing at us all.

I know this is blasphemous, but I'm thinking I may unload these soon - I am trying to simplify my collection and they deserve to be worn copiously:

These are absolutely gorgeous

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mdubs . you've come a long way since May of 2013!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/51810#post_6370722

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both of those boots should be sized down .5 from your regular shoe size (brannock). For example, I am a 12D in standard fitting lasts but I generally wear 11.5D in barrie and tru balance.

breck81

Reaction score
Last edited:

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need to take some more pics of my Natty Cxl Indys. Natural Chromexcel is the best, IMO, for showing wear and patina. The changes begin to show quick too. I snagged my pair from Leffot. They have a commando sole unlike TSM's version, but same leather. Half size down from TTS on both for me.
I think a Natty Indy on Commando would suit me just fine as well. Beautiful!

Vicious49

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads