• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Looks great Mike!!! Did you use a local tailor for your denim mods or a specialized shop?

Myself and another SF member went to a local shop and let her take a shot at them. Frankly, I wanted them to see and measure explicitly how wide I wanted it along the entire length of my leg and that is something better done in a shop... I had her take from only the inseam as to keep the tags intact. Very happy with her work. We didn't bother her with chain stitching yet as I wanted a double fold style as I prefer that and thus a chain stitch would go unnoticed. I used my RRLs as a victim to see how it would work out... I plan to go to her again, but see if she can chain stitch, otherwise my pants may be taking an airplane to San Fran...

-Mike

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool. Does she has a chain stitch sewing machine? Won't be able to do it without a specialized machine

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cigar contribution.

great color, so jealous.

nice combo, great shoes.

I am curious what the average age is in here if anyone feels like divulging. I am currently 31 and got my first Alden early this year, twas the 403 Indy and I am actually wearing them today.

Since then during the year I have added:
NATCXLPTB
Whiskey LHS
Ravello LWB
Snuff Suede Chukka
Whiskey PTB (arriving tomorrow!)

Top 5 Alden Want List (mostly rotating as I see new stuff posted here lol):
Cigar Cap toe boot
Leffot Dover
Cigar PTB
NATCXLNST boot
Cigar LWB

indy is a gateway boot. yours look very nice.
my first pair was the 975 in 2011. im now 38.

15zo4dt.jpg

ravello wt, argyles otc
2cid9ib.jpg
yes, so awesome.

Anyone on the fence with the modified ravello plain toes pull the trigger!

24 now, first pair of 404s from Barneys sale at 21, then 403s a few months later and then this pair from B&S
that is actually kind of mean. cruel and unusual, just as mean as the anatomica photo from earlier today.
your boots are awesome.

Stan I think these are a great score. Congrats my friend enjoy them looking forward to pics.

Cords today with my rather mild addiction to these reverse chamois this week.

Additionally did anyone get pics of the ravello Indy from Fransboone? What last was it on?
i will likely pop my reverse chamois cherry next time these become available.
so nice.

And the Leffot Naval Boots got their maiden voyage today! :)

I also finally got my RRLs back from being hemmed and tappered. I am super happy with them as well, I was soo excited to wear them that I wore them on a Wednesday! :) Only did a half day due to a doctor's appointment, so it was too bad... :)

-Mike
the boots look great dubs. perfect with denim.

Last edited:

stevefok

Reaction score
I am curious what the average age is in here if anyone feels like divulging. I am currently 31 and got my first Alden early this year, twas the 403 Indy and I am actually wearing them today.

Since then during the year I have added:
NATCXLPTB
Whiskey LHS
Ravello LWB
Snuff Suede Chukka
Whiskey PTB (arriving tomorrow!)

Top 5 Alden Want List (mostly rotating as I see new stuff posted here lol):
Cigar Cap toe boot
Leffot Dover
Cigar PTB
NATCXLNST boot
Cigar LWB

2 Whiskeys and 1 Ravello in one year... You are a lucky man!

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious.. what size did FB have available earlier on the Indy order?

Also.. I purchased my first pair of Alden's 6 years ago (Cigar PTB) a short while later I picked up a pair of Whiskey NST shoes and then switched jobs to a very casual dress code. 2 years ago moved into a business casual workplace, came across a Leffot pre-order and picked those up and in the last 10 months I have picked up 11 pairs. With 3 more confirmed. F my bank account..

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Curious.. what size did FB have available earlier on the Indy order?

Also.. I purchased my first pair of Alden's 6 years ago (Cigar PTB) a short while later I picked up a pair of Whiskey NST shoes and then switched jobs to a very casual dress code. 2 years ago moved into a business casual workplace, came across a Leffot pre-order and picked those up and in the last 10 months I have picked up 11 pairs. With 3 more confirmed. F my bank account..

LoL. I don't even know how many I have bought this past year... Not a question that I have bought too many. I also have several pairs of shoes in production right now. I am giving the 10.5B and C lasts some exercise... :) I am now trying to avoid getting on more lists, as believe it or not, they actually come into flourish eventually, and it appears they do all at the same stinking time...

From what I saw, they had 3 sizes all in D widths available. I just remember 10.5D being one of them, which is too big for me.

Edit: They had 7, 8, 8.5, and 9.5D available.

-Mike

Last edited:

stevefok

Reaction score
Alden is King for Business casual! I switched to my current job with business casual workplace 1 year ago.

My Alden Path:
2011 x 1
2013 x 3
2014 x 4 + 4 confirmed.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Before others come out here and say you just sinned against the world, it technically is against SF policy to post ads in their threads... I can see that you are new here, so welcome, but you may want to post up posts with content relevant to the discussion and add it to your signature as an alternative.

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads