• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone gotten any of the Alden of Madison pre-orders from June fulfilled yet? It seems Alden SF, AoC and and Alden DC all have gotten their Ravello LWBs, but AoM is still lagging?

I was told 6-10 months when I paid, which I thought was unreal but it hasn't even been 6 yet.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got the alden plain toe jcrew boots in sand... Is the left boot where the laces start crookedness normal???

I wouldn't call it normal but I have seen it before. It's not intended, that's for sure.

fitchottie

Reaction score

fitchottie, I'd say it's normal for Alden. It's true for about half the Alden blucher boots & shoes I own, including some ravello boots and suede longwings.

Ok good to hear... I find myself being ok with little things like this more and more when it comes to Alden. I remember when I use to freak if a stitch wasn't correct ... Lol , I ask these questions on here to make sure I aint crazy...

Last edited:

chrisefi

Reaction score
Ravello LWBs yesterday (maiden voyage) with a Navy pinstripe suit. I know, I know, not "traditional", but...

"I'm out there Jerry! And I'm loving every minute of it!"

These are a great shade of Ravello. What makeup and how old?

intensanity

Reaction score
I don't know how to spoiler quote but those AF53s are pheeeeeeenomenal. Wow.

Ravello has been killing it of late.

epc2

Reaction score

After long waiting! Finally this beauty showed up on my desk this morning.

Under the sunlight - this new Whiskey from SF is look so close to Ravello IMO :D

Yes this batch from SF is very close to Ravello , I was hoping for a lighter shade like the TSM ones , Not even sure if it's worth keeping them both , I already own a kind of light Ravello.

Not a great pic,but to give you guys an idea how close they are, I'll take a few tomorrow under the sunlight.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen, crap I can not believe all of the beautiful shoes exhibited over the last 48 hours. I am glad to see so many beautiful LWBs out there now!

I am a little behind on posting, but will try and makeup soon.

Also, I fid talk to Kathy at Alden DC about doing another run of the Black Grain on Color 8 Saddles (Blackbird Saddles) and she was talking as if she was going to do another run of them again sometime. It is easier for her to add them as they already have a style number. I haven't frankly checked on the status of that in months though.

-Mike

sh1ny

Reaction score
Judging by the laces I'm thinking I went too big. But also, my feet can still slide around a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads