• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Gerstner case today and got it stocked. It's thing of beauty:

0%202,048%C3%971,536%20pixels.png

0%202,048%C3%971,536%20pixels.png

Note, their sale is ending tomorrow. http://gerstnerusa.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

Mine is the "12 Repair Kit" in Walnut.

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aldenfan

Reaction score
Friday: AF 53

Awesome combo. What type of shirt do you find pairs well with those trousers? I have the same, but haven't worn them yet as I am finding them to be beautiful but hard to pair with the shirts I have.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

Quick sizing question.

I have no exp. with Plaza last , I'm 10d in Barrie, What size should I order in Plaza? 10.5? Also is 10.5d in Plaza similar , wider or narrower than a 10d Barrie?

Thanks.

Closest thing to a 10D Barrie, in the Plaza, would be 10E Plaza. Barrie runs one width bigger than the other lasts in the same size. Since most runs of gourmet Aldens only come in D width, people size up. If the 10D Barrie fits OK but is wide on you, a 10D Plaza might be better than a 10.5D Plaza. If you need the width in your 10D Barries, then for sure go with the 10.5 Plaza. There are other subtle differences but the one width difference is the key one. Also note that about no one has a foot (or two feet) that fit perfectly into any RTW shoe. So don't worry too much about it.

In other news -- I have not posted here in a while -- I wore some five-year-old Aldens yesterday and they fit better than ever. I think it took four years to fully break them in (double sole long-wing bluchers in dark brown suede). I was not perfectly happy with the fit of them for the first few years. I didn't wear them more than four times a month, on average. They were OK but not great. Now they fit great. My advice to Alden newbs would be to take your time evaluating your size and your fits.

I scrubbed them under cold water in the bathtub, Leffot-style, and now they look as good as ever too. Great shoes. I doubt I'll ever need to replace them.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
package from LS arrived today
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Wow, what a score! I really want those blue suede SWBs. Did you get them on a reduced price? I heard that in store they are on clearance for $400 but online they are regularly priced. BTW, the plaza lasted wingtip boots are phenomenal!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a score! I really want those blue suede SWBs. Did you get them on a reduced price? I heard that in store they are on clearance for $400 but online they are regularly priced. BTW, the plaza lasted wingtip boots are phenomenal!

don't kill me but the SWB were $295
worship2.gif
. the plazas were only $495 also, couldn't pass them up

Last edited:

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^^Everyone needs four pairs of boots in color 8!!

I only have the Color 8 tankers currently. Eagerly awaiting delivery of wingtip boots from AoC. I also preordered J Gilbert captoes. All three on commando, in three different lasts (barrie, Grant, plaza).

I need a leather soled version for the fourth and final. Do chukkas count? I guess I am on the LeatherSoul Pitt boot preorder list as well, but no telling when those arrive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads