• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Very clean look. I feel like I rarely see non cuffed jeans with such a clean break. Makes me want to take mine to the tailor

Thanks. I prefer to not cuff my pants. I'm short so I have been cuffing my pants my whole life because I had to. Even though it's in style, I still can't bring myself to do it. I have a couple pair of jeans that look better cuffed with boots, but it's a rare case.

Johnniegold

Reaction score

"the new ravello...."

I still remember when "Ravello" was referred as the new "Mahogany". That was just a few years ago, right?

Are a pair of 7-8 year old Mahogany Aldens known as ravello today?

Last edited:

violethour1951

Reaction score

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

mikeharo- they seem to fit me like my other barrie shoes do (with my typical .5 down from TTS/plaza)

mtc2000

Reaction score

Thought this thread might appreciate these photos. Finally got around to photographing my complete "rainbow of shell" in LHS. Yes, it's not a "true" rainbow, since half are Brooks Brothers and half are Alden, but the colors are all there... at least until somebody does a #4 LHS special makeup... Tom, you didn't hear that!
sly.gif
Sorry for the somewhat overcast lighting, but that's what passes for sunlight this time of year, and it's brighter than it has been for awhile, actually. From left to right: BB black, Alden cigar, BB #8, Alden mahogany, Alden ravello, BB whiskey.
IMG_9044.JPG
And a closer shot:
IMG_9048.JPG

mikeharo

Reaction score

thanks guys!

mikeharo- they seem to fit me like my other barrie shoes do (with my typical .5 down from TTS/plaza)

Interesting. Mine have been giving me trouble and I ordered barrie size. The definitely do not line up to other barrie shoes I have; in the pictures attached its Leffot's tobacco chamoid barrie lwb..

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great boats donl.

whiskey indy

Sweet looking indys uncle.

#8 TSM Captoes today.

Great boots sir.

Received my Gerstner case today and got it stocked. It's thing of beauty:

0%202,048%C3%971,536%20pixels.png

Mine is the "12 Repair Kit" in Walnut. 

That's a classy box right there. Looks awesome. I wonder where / how other members keep their shoe care products.

package from LS arrived today 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

The color on the boots looks awesome. Great deal on your Aldens.

mtc2000

Reaction score
Probably. If my memory serves me well, back when Ravello was introduced, it was often described as slightly lighter and warmer in tone than the old Mahogany.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx RTP.

The pix showing the mahogany and the ravello seem to reveal that the mahogany may be a bit darker than the ravello.

seeing those mahogany pics makes me think that the recent ravello releases are more that shade than previous ravello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members