• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to go with Uncle here. My first Aden BB Shell Cordovan #8 Tassels were purchased BBNYC when I was 23. Staple shoe in thoses days... I've always replaced that shoe until recently I went with the Marlow Tassel as I like the color better.

Reaction score
First pair of Aldens just arrived: tan Barrie-lasted J.Gilbert wingtip, commando-soled boots. I primarily used the forum to get sizing right. Thankfully, the fit came pretty close. I'd hate to have to exchange/sell these beauties.

I'm doing the Mac method this afternoon as I get some research done this afternoon from home. Can't wait to get them out on the street.

stewboy

Reaction score
Spencer,

Those look great. As it happens, I've got the exact same boots (in a size 10.5 E) from J. Gilbert coming in this afternoon. I'd ordered some that came in last January that were too narrow, so this has been a long wait. But well worth it.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pair of Aldens just arrived: tan Barrie-lasted J.Gilbert wingtip, commando-soled boots. I primarily used the forum to get sizing right. Thankfully, the fit came pretty close. I'd hate to have to exchange/sell these beauties.

I'm doing the Mac method this afternoon as I get some research done this afternoon from home. Can't wait to get them out on the street.
Congrats! Welcome to the club, Sir.

After a very 'Methodical' brushing.

Poor Man's Argyles (Uniqlo)

Alden Color 8 35mm Belt W. Nickel Buckel

docalden2013

Reaction score
doc: awesome boots. plaza is the best last for boots, IMO.

alden x leathersoul Alpine boot, commando sole

Hi Sazon,
Glad to see the alpine grains today; I feel like they don't get much action on this shell-centric thread. Wear in good health.

Totally agree on the Plaza as the go-to last for boots. My plazas are even better for my feet than the grant last. That said, after sizing up a width to 8.5E on a recent purchase of Leffot barrie boots (the naval), I think the Barrie leaves room for improvement if you're willing to get creative with the numbers. My 8.5D barrie lwbs all fit fine, but my 8.5d barrie boots, including the alpine grain wt from LS you're sporting today, are a bit on the tight side. I'm wondering what a 9D barrie boot would feel like.

Speaking of alpine grain, what do folks think of the use of alpine or scotch grain on a non-brogued shoe, e.g., a ptb?

Have a good evening, gents.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First pair of Aldens just arrived: tan Barrie-lasted J.Gilbert wingtip, commando-soled boots. I primarily used the forum to get sizing right. Thankfully, the fit came pretty close. I'd hate to have to exchange/sell these beauties. I'm doing the Mac method this afternoon as I get some research done this afternoon from home. Can't wait to get them out on the street.
For your first pair you have definitely started with a big bang. Congratulations!

shaunw

Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^ The black shell tassel (factory version or BB version) is possibly the dressiest tassel of any maker - shell or calf. I highly recommend them.

nephew
I agree

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Re the search for Leydon-lasted chukkas: It might make sense to check in with NeedSupply. I've had a wonderful experience buying from them. They answered my questions thoroughly and quickly via PM. IIRC, they offer a 10% discount to SF members each month (not sure if they're still doing this). While I don't think I saw chukkas on their site last time I looked, they are an Alden dealer and, therefore, could arguably have the Leydon chukkas drop shipped to you. Best of luck in the hunt! My Leydon chukkas feel like slippers and have been super comfy to wear in hot, humid weather. In another matter, all the color 8 talk inspired me to share my most acquisition, a pair of Plaza-lasted wt boots in color 8 from LeatherSoul, who threw in a free pair of shoe trees as a thank you for my previous orders. Here are some iPhone pics:
They're dressier, yet even comfier than all of my Barrie-lasted shoes and boots. Now, if only someone created a Plaza wt boot in Ravello... Question for Uncle: I've started giving more thought to getting some tassels. Can one rock these ok under the age of 40? Final tho
ught: I wish I pulled the trigger on the Alt Wiens from Epaulet when I had a chance. You guys who did are looking good. Wear in great health!
nephew, wear your wt boots in good health I started to wear tassels in my teens tassels are one of aldens best models alden's invented tassels in 1947

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Incoming......

Nah, just kidding. Had to move the boxes to the closet to make more room for shoes
Thought a group shot was in order
null_zps1e752066.jpg

nephew,
nice boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads