• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
North River Outfitters, and the code was working momentarily but no longer does, per their policy (no Alden sales).

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a chance and put in an order on NRO for the natty indy boots for 350. let's see what happens.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at some suede tassels on Aberdeen. Thought I'd use Van/Barrie size as these will most likely stretch. Anybody have a perspective on how the suede Aberdeen Tassels fit? The guys at BB suggest going with your Van size. In a ties shoe Aberdeen I'd go TTS Van + 1/2 or TTS.

MrGuy

Reaction score
Just bought cxl tassels on Aberdeen. Barrie is perfect. TTS much too large... Just my experience though

tsekh

Reaction score
J Crew has written back to me to confirm that the leather on their Waxed Longwing Bluchers are indeed NOT Horween CXL leather. Below is the email they sent me:

Hello,

I’m sending this email regarding the Alden for J.Crew Waxed Longwing Bluchers, item 18582, listed on our website as Horween Chromexcel leather. After further research, the leather is not Horween Chromexcel. I'm so sorry for any confusion this may have caused. We will be updating this on J.Crew.com. Due to your disappointment regarding this and the issue with the first pair you ordered, I've sent a $25.00 gift card to the shipping address on your account. You’re welcome to use it online or in any J.Crew retail or factory store.

If you need anything else, feel free to reach out by replying to this email or calling 1-800-562-0258. We’re always here and happy to help.

Best,
Darla
1-800-591-3802 ext. 53305

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j.crew is legit when it comes to customer service, even when it's third party misinformation on their site.

if only they didnt misplace my ravello LWBs last month
censored.gif

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Burton, your such a tease. They look like some sort of saddle shoe. Please retake iPhone pic, and this time turn the flash on. ^^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads