• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

static age

Reaction score

I'm wearing the cigar NST as I type. Picked it with the idea that the #8 is easier to find on a moments notice. My thought is that #8 is more formal as a darker color and with the dark welt and sole edge. Will be interested to see what others think.

Great shoes, currently searching for this makeup. I'm likely way late, but where did you find them?

Is anyone aware of retailers stocking cigar NST, even in other last/sole combinations? TSM does not have my size (9D) in their Barrie offering.

Thank you, and any guidance is well appreciated.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great shoes, currently searching for this makeup. I'm likely way late, but where did you find them?

Is anyone aware of retailers stocking cigar NST, even in other last/sole combinations? TSM does not have my size (9D) in their Barrie offering.

Thank you, and any guidance is well appreciated.

Alden NYC on Madison Avenue stocks them

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Alden Madison NY received a shipment about 2-3 weeks ago no sure what they have left. Although the cigar indy's that were also part of that shipment are already gone.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would you topy them too Uncle Mac? or maybe Double sole? I've seen pics where you've done that with natural sole edge on some of your shells.

nephew,

my bias is always to double sole

onehotchili

Reaction score
Like other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.

So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.

So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version
http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Color_8_Long_Wing_320.htm

-or-

"regular" wing tip?
http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Shell_Cordovan_Wing_Tip_215.htm

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Color 8 Chukka, 1+ years old. I tried to do all the tricks for the water stains...not sure they've changed.
nephew, enjoy wearing your chukkas and forget about the water welts

hokie3000

Reaction score
Thanks mcbrown, I'll take your advice.

What is the consensus for treating chromexcel? I don't plan on babying them of course, but would like to know the preferred method?
i put some montana pitch blend on mine after seeking advice on the forum. Gave the boots a nice boost in color and apparently it provides great protection from the elements. So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads