• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how Leydon last fits compared to Plaza.

Cid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Can anyone comment on how Leydon last fits compared to Plaza.

Hopefully others will lend insight on this, but here is what Alden of Carmel says about sizing:

**The most popular Alden lasts, and their relative sizes compared to usual U.S. shoe sizes are:

Leydon last - fits approximately like a standard US size
Plaza last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Aberdeen last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Van last - 1/4 to 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size
Barrie last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Barrie last size 9 1/2)
Trubalance last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Trubalance size 9 1/2)
Modified last - at least 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Modified last size 9 1/2)**

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
The Union Made boots look like they have a regular welt. Not sure if I've ever seen a boot or a shoe on the Grant last with a reverse welt, as it's a "dressier" last. The reverse welt is more commonly seen on the Barrie and Trubalance lasts. I can't explain why the #8's would have fit differently from the Cigars though...

Based on the info from Unionmade and my calls there these do have a reverse welt. There is a noticeable difference in their look from the other cigar shell boots that I had as well. Not just me but two other people said the same thing.

Aries83

Reaction score
I have the Leydon and Plaza.

What I can say is that they fit similarly, although the leydon has a rather bizarre vamp, for the first few days of wearing you will really feel the pressure on the top of your foot, as the leydon seems to compress it slightly right at the base of the laces.

Also, I would say there's slightly less room in the leydon toebox.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cid

Leydon last - fits approximately like a standard US size

Agreed, fits very true-to-size.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Based on the info from Unionmade and my calls there these do have a reverse welt. There is a noticeable difference in their look from the other cigar shell boots that I had as well. Not just me but two other people said the same thing.
Unless I have misunderstood what a reverse welt is, the Union Made boots are regular welt. Here are a pair of chukka's on the Grant last with a reverse welt, as described by Leather Soul:
6ec2.jpg
The small strip of leather between the sole and the cordovan is the welt. Because the welt is visible from the outside, it is called a reverse welt. The welt is not visible on the outside of the boot on the Union Made cap toes. If that's considered a reverse welt then I am totally confused as to the definition of the term.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
The Union Made boots look like they have a regular welt. Not sure if I've ever seen a boot or a shoe on the Grant last with a reverse welt, as it's a "dressier" last. The reverse welt is more commonly seen on the Barrie and Trubalance lasts. I can't explain why the #8's would have fit differently from the Cigars though...

The boots do have a regular welt (not reverse). We are changing the description on the website to reflect this.

Sorry about all the confusion everyone! Still, it's a damn good looking boot.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless I have misunderstood what a reverse welt is, the Union Made boots are regular welt.

Here are a pair of chukka's on the Grant last with a reverse welt, as described by Leather Soul:
6ec2.jpg

The small strip of leather between the sole and the cordovan is the welt. Because the welt is visible from the outside, it is called a reverse welt.

The welt is not visible on the outside of the boot on the Union Made cap toes. If that's considered a reverse welt then I am totally confused as to the definition of the term.

I stand corrected. But as I stated earlier, these feel and look of these boots does have a noticeable difference from the others I had ordered. Can't explain that part, but all I can say is that I was unhappy with the first pair, but am very happy with the Unionmade cap toes.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
I stand corrected. But as I stated earlier, these feel and look of these boots does have a noticeable difference from the others I had ordered. Can't explain that part, but all I can say is that I was unhappy with the first pair, but am very happy with the Unionmade cap toes.

I'm glad you like them!
Sorry again about the confusion.

Vinneus

Reaction score
yea! still warm from the climate of Hawaii, where Leather Sole is located! can you believe it buddy! and yes they are a 6 in boys! 8/

phantomx48

Reaction score
Natural Chromexcel was made for a boot like this. In my opinion, Tom really hit it out of the park with this one! Can't wait to see it after a year or two of wear.

photo25j.jpg

photo24ie.jpg

photo23fj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads