• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've said it before and firmly believe that when Aldn is on their game, no one does it better. Just got these back from restoration. Took a little longer than usual, but who cares. I could not be more pleased.......

Additionally, just got these from restoration (via fellow SF'er, thanks @Allen Dreadmon). Not much of a black shell guy but again, couldn't be more pleased.....

Kind of reminds me of these beauties.....
I've got a ways to go, but I'm gunning for you @chipshot. These LHS's are definitely growing on me. I especially like the sockless look you sport so well.

Ha! Thanks Shawn .. In freakin sane restoration. They look awesome. Embrace the black shell and it's versatility ..

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was at some airport a couple of years ago and some stranger comes up and asks what boots I'm wearing (Alden Nat CXL Indy boots, since sold). ย He said he was looking for a nice pair of stylish work boots. ย I gave him the info and could see him sitting with his wife/partner googling away. ย His eyes seemed to bug out and he came over and asked if that was what they really cost!??!! ย I guess he didn't buy them.

Well, nice lady next to me on my plane leaving DCA last week looked at my Alpine Grain NST boots and asked if they were Doc Martens. Does that count for anything??

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After having some shell shoes from AE, I got an itch for cap toe shell boots. Google directed me to this thread and pics of alden shell boots here have been nothing short of Amazing...
Specially got interested in jcrew pct boot and here I am with my first alden ...really happy with these ...

Congrats, and welcome to the dark side.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

My Leffot tan suede LWB came in - ordered these snuff the next week. Really good decisions. Not a drop of rain permeated today during the maiden voyage. Nanotechnology is priceless
Your Suede LWBs are terrific! Nano is great. Congrats on your maiden voyage.
Initially wanted to go sockless..
You Color 8 LHSes look terrific. The lined LHS is much better with socks. Unlined can go either way.
I will spam SF with my first pair of Alden :D Alden X Epaulet Taunton boots in Alpine Grain :
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Congrats on your new boots! :)
Your Perforated Cap Toe Boots look very nice and pair well with your jeans.
Cooler day in the Va today, so wearing my no.8 nst 379 x last. I don't wear these enough. I seem to grab the cigar captoe grants more often
Have a great weekend everyone
Great looking tanker boots my friend. It needs to cool off in SD.
974 today
Good to see you here LV, that's a great and classic model. You wear them well... Thanks Chippy!
Blue suede Indy
Killing it as always my friend.
New 987's today .. Break in time .. These will be great for the holidays..
Looking great in your 987s. Definitely a beautiful but under appreciated model.
I've said it before and firmly believe that when Aldn is on their game, no one does it better. Just got these back from restoration. Took a little longer than usual, but who cares. I could not be more pleased.......
Additionally, just got these from restoration (via fellow SF'er, thanks @Allen Dreadmon). Not much of a black shell guy but again, couldn't be more pleased.....
Kind of reminds me of these beauties..... I've got a ways to go, but I'm gunning for you @chipshot. These LHS's are definitely growing on me. I especially like the sockless look you sport so well.
Congrats on getting them back. Chip shot is a great source of classy motivation.
+1. -Mike

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unboxing my new #8 LWB

Sadly I am going to continue our conversation from earlier...these shoes were straight out of the box (never saw my foot), but the right shoe is pretty creased. These cost me nearly $800 as I was buying from The Bureau (exchange rate and shipping).. Thoughts... I felt like they were pretty creased. BTW the left looks creased but is fine in person.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unboxing my new #8 LWB
Sadly I am going to continue our conversation from earlier...these shoes were straight out of the box (never saw my foot), but the right shoe is pretty creased. These cost me nearly $800 as I was buying from The Bureau (exchange rate and shipping).. Thoughts... I felt like they were pretty creased. BTW the left looks creased but is fine in person.
that's unfortunate.
i would keep if the right shoe creasing was the ONLY issue. you're likely to find other issues with your next pair if you return these. you will also make those same creases in about 10 minutes of wear.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's unfortunate.
i would keep if the right shoe creasing was the ONLY issue. you're likely to find other issues with your next pair if you return these. you will also make those same creases in about 10 minutes of wear.

My thoughts, too. Which is why I'm leaning toward keeping them. I think it was just a slight disappointment

Reaction score

My thoughts, too. Which is why I'm leaning toward keeping them. I think it was just a slight disappointment

If you are so inclined, try and wrangle a discount from the store. Be nice, but say you are disappointed.

Last edited:

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Beautiful boot! The first pair turns into many quickly. My first pair was in January this year. I now own 5 Alden's in total, deposit on another and on a wait list for another - both with Yenni. AE really seems to be the gateway shoe company
1f633.png

Thanks, can't agree more on that...

Quote:
Thanks, I did size TTS after reading all the comments here on the sizing and it fits me perfectly...

@gabru - looking great! congrats!

Thanks Sazon..
Thanks js01..

Your Suede LWBs are terrific! Nano is great. Congrats on your maiden voyage.
You Color 8 LHSes look terrific. The lined LHS is much better with socks. Unlined can go either way.
Congrats on your new boots! :)
Your Perforated Cap Toe Boots look very nice and pair well with your jeans.
Great looking tanker boots my friend. It needs to cool off in SD.
Good to see you here LV, that's a great and classic model. You wear them well...
Thanks Chippy!
Killing it as always my friend.
Looking great in your 987s. Definitely a beautiful but under appreciated model.
Congrats on getting them back. Chip shot is a great source of classy motivation.
+1.

-Mike
Thanks mdubs..

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unboxing my new #8 LWB Sadly I am going to continue our conversation from earlier...these shoes were straight out of the box (never saw my foot), but the right shoe is pretty creased. These cost me nearly $800 as I was buying from The Bureau (exchange rate and shipping).. Thoughts... I felt like they were pretty creased. BTW the left looks creased but is fine in person.
If it weren't for the fact that they are the antique edged ones, I would say send them back. However, this version of the #8 LWB is harder to come bye, so I would definitely let the store know your dissatisfaction, but keep the shoes. Those creases can be worked out with a deer bone and polishing. However, after a wear or 2they're going to crease. I understand your position, It's just frustrating when they arrive already creased! You paid $800 for the shoes and G** D*** you should be the one creasing them! :angry:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it weren't for the fact that they are the antique edged ones, I would say send them back. However, this version of the #8 LWB is harder to come bye, so I would definitely let the store know your dissatisfaction, but keep the shoes. Those creases can be worked out with a deer bone and polishing. However, after a wear or 2they're going to crease.

I understand your position, It's just frustrating when they arrive already creased! You paid $800 for the shoes and G** D*** you should be the one creasing them! :angry:

Hahahah thanks for the validation! I am debating whether to send them an email or not, but I'm definitely keeping them. The reason I bought them from the UK (and I live in the USA) is for the antique edge!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unboxing my new #8 LWB Sadly I am going to continue our conversation from earlier...these shoes were straight out of the box (never saw my foot), but the right shoe is pretty creased. These cost me nearly $800 as I was buying from The Bureau (exchange rate and shipping).. Thoughts... I felt like they were pretty creased. BTW the left looks creased but is fine in person.
Keep them, you will regret not having these. All shell creases, for me .. I like them. You walk 10 minute in #8 and you have bitchin creases that will only look better as life moves on.....

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep them, you will regret not having these. All shell creases, for me .. I like them. You walk 10 minute in #8 and you have bitchin creases that will only look better as life moves on.....

:) I do love the way shell ages

JjasonL

Reaction score

Unboxing my new #8 LWB

You should contact them. As they might give a slight discount. It never hurts to ask!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads