• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Black shell pt boots can't hang with the whiskey

Brigzy

Reaction score
"Black shell pt boots can't hang with the whiskey"
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1643159/

inn8chiro...Dude, I"m so jealous of those. What's your thought on the crepe sole? I want to order me black shell plain toe, but can't decide on the crepe sole vs. commando. What I really want is the antique edge with brass eyelets...love that look.

CTYGGG

Reaction score

This is such a plain, and not-so-sexy post given Dubs' new shell Indy, but oh well... For today's temps in the low 40s, black Shell CT Boot, barrie and commando. Not sexy, but under rated.
Very nice! Where did you purchase them? Congrats all on the Whiskey purchases. :)

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday. Alden x LeatherSoul Black Shell Semi-Brogue Balmoral.

-Mike

Mike,

We have got to get these made up in the cordovan rainbow:

2. Black
3. Cigar
4. Ravello
5. Whiskey

I kid you not, If I could get those I would hang up the Alden jersey and retire...
nod[1].gif

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting those semi-brogues in anything other than black and #8. No one has these madeup with any regularity. leathersoul used to have them every year or two, but I don't think they get sizable allocations of shell any longer. It's a good model on the Plaza last. Definitely has that old school fogey feel.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting those semi-brogues in anything other than black and #8. No one has these madeup with any regularity. leathersoul used to have them every year or two, but I don't think they get sizable allocations of shell any longer. It's a good model on the Plaza last. Definitely has that old school fogey feel.

Yes Sir.

I kind of like that old fuddy duddy style stuff.
smile.gif

The Plaza is my favorite Alden last...so far.

If I knew there was a place that had them in #8 in my size, I would buy them on the spot.

inn8chiro

Reaction score

"Black shell pt boots can't hang with the whiskey"
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1643159/

inn8chiro...Dude, I"m so jealous of those. What's your thought on the crepe sole? I want to order me black shell plain toe, but can't decide on the crepe sole vs. commando. What I really want is the antique edge with brass eyelets...love that look.

I like the crepe so comfortable!!

thams

Reaction score
Here you go gentlemen. Just arrived fresh from Alden Madison.

I'm only mildly into whiskey and Indies in general, but these are fantastic. Please, please, please post pictures with wear on them. I feel like these will look infinitely better with some scuffs and nicks. Where them hard, but wear them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads