• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought my first pair of Aldens, Indy Boots off Ebay.  J Crew CXL 405 for $400.

They were listed as new without box, but came shipped inside a small box, wrapped in plastic bags.

They were pretty creased when I received them, and look to be tried on pretty heavily.  The seller offered a refund of $40.

So would $360 be a good price for these in this condition, and will this affect anything down the line?

Thanks, and sorry for poor quality pics.

It's difficult to say for sure if these are pre-owned without pic's of the soles but they certainly look used to me. As for whether $360 is reasonable, my opinion is that it depends on the availability of the boot and how much you like it. If this make is readily available, I would not pay $360 for the pair you have. I know it's a lot of money but I would add another $200 and get a new pair. If they are not readily available it becomes a tougher decision but if I really liked the boot (which you obviously do), I think I would keep them.

Tough call either way. Good luck.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
Those have been worn. They are not new (I would not expect creases like that with even a floor model). So, it's up to you whether $360 is a good deal for used (but appear to be in very good shape) Indys.

Do they look different than the pics in the auction?

Yes, the creasing is not present in the auction pics. The sole doesn't appear to have any wear however.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the advice. I don't want to deal with sending them back and all that, so I may just keep them and get the refund.

denver0321

Reaction score

Thank you everyone for the advice.  I don't want to deal with sending them back and all that, so I may just keep them and get the refund.

Was the seller located in Virginia or North Carolina? J. Crew has some warehouses there where they sell samples and store worn items.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
Was the seller located in Virginia or North Carolina? J. Crew has some warehouses there where they sell samples and store worn items.

No, it was Canton, GA I believe. But seller did have several J Crew items, and when I asked about the item, he referred to his staff, and the warehouse. Kinda strange, but has 100% feedback.

CEE88

Reaction score
Spring training has begun, and so far this will be my everyday lineup:

Top L-R: snuff suede/color 8 saddle; ravello cap toe boot; color 8 unlined dovers; whiskey bluchers
Bottom L-R: color 4/black saddle; snuff suede LHS with red brick sole; natty CXL LWB; natty CXL PTB

Last edited:

NewYawker

Reaction score

Top L-R: snuff suede/color 8 saddle; ravello cap toe boot; color 8 unlined dovers; whiskey bluchers
Bottom L-R: color 4/black saddle; snuff suede full strap with crepe sole; natty CXL LWB; natty CXL PTB
Nice collection! The snuff suede loafer - is that a crepe sole or red brick sole?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bottom L-R: color 4/black saddle; snuff suede LHS with red crepe sole; natty CXL LWB; natty CXL PTB

Awesome!

Also reminds me I need a snuff LHS before the warm weather hits.

NewYawker

Reaction score
Thanks Man. Red brick -- I just corrected it.

Thanks. I don't recall seeing that make up before. I will have to look into it. I believe the suede lhs generally comes with the flex welt sole? I only ask because I had to sell my chukkas with the flex welt sole for lack of support. I walk about 2 to 3 miles per day and my knees and feet would bother me at the end of the day. The red brick would definitely provide better support.

ATLVol

Reaction score
No, it was Canton, GA I believe. But seller did have several J Crew items, and when I asked about the item, he referred to his staff, and the warehouse. Kinda strange, but has 100% feedback.

I agree that those appear to have some wear.

In my experience, the cork sole does not show immediate wear like leather/flex which makes it tough to tell how much they have been worn.

However, I have several pair of CXL and they have not creased like that when just trying them on.

CEE88

Reaction score

Thanks.  I don't recall seeing that make up before.  I will have to look into it.  I believe the suede lhs generally comes with the flex welt sole?  I only ask because I had to sell my chukkas with the flex welt sole for lack of support.  I walk about 2 to 3 miles per day and my knees and feet would bother me at the end of the day. The red brick would definitely provide better support.
NY - it's several years old, from Unionmade. Their take on a dirty buck, except it's a loafer. It's one of those make ups where I saw it and five minutes later it was mine (same with the snuff/color 8 saddle). I'll take some close ups when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members