• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@mrdv +1 on the boot and pant combo. Are those rivet chinos that you put a crease in?

They are a wool Rivet Chino from a Factory Find a few months ago. there is still a bit of fabric left and a pre-order open currently. I own them and would highly suggest jumping on them, they are awesome

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ravello ct x leffot

These are awesome. I was on the fence about these pants,I didnt kop and its a decision I am regretting after seeing this picture.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are a wool Rivet Chino from a Factory Find a few months ago. there is still a bit of fabric left and a pre-order open currently. I own them and would highly suggest jumping on them, they are awesome

I should of just stopped reading. I hate you guys sometimes! Enablers!

Edit: J/K of course. :)

Last edited:

Disco Volante

Reaction score
Maiden voyage today for the reverse chamois lwb I picked up from Winn Perry. I haven't heard much about these on here, so my guess is they aren't for everyone. I'm pretty far on the casual side of things so they work for me.

-Horween Reverse Chamois
-Antique Edge
-Double Waterlock Sole
-Barrie Last

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage today for the reverse chamois lwb I picked up from Winn Perry. I haven't heard much about these on here, so my guess is they aren't for everyone. I'm pretty far on the casual side of things so they work for me.

-Horween Reverse Chamois
-Antique Edge
-Double Waterlock Sole
-Barrie Last

Ive been addicted to reverse chamois the past couple weeks. Very nice for this time of year the material is insane. Enjoy them and wear in good health.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

-Horween Reverse Chamois
-Antique Edge
-Double Waterlock Sole
-Barrie Last

Very cool on so many levels! I don't know that I've seen a reverse chamois makeup lately that isn't awesome.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ravello ct x leffot
Amazing as always MrDV. I'm also happy for all of you who getting their Ravello CT boots from either A DC or Leffot! I just sent a payment for my Ravello PT boots on Modified last to Anatomica and Charles is amazing to deal with. Even got shoe trees for Modified last included hehehe. I ended up paying approximately $262 US more for this pair vs buying a pair of shell boots from Alden DC or Leffot after $CAN conversion/shipping and Ontario taxes. So it's all good and I can't wait to receive my first pair on Modified last. Have a good day all.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 32 and my first pair was the whiskey LWB acquired a little over a year ago. I had about six pairs of Aldens earlier this year, but now I'm down to three. The one pair that I sold and somewhat regret is the color 8 dover from Leffot. I'll get those again I hope. Also looking forward to the ravello LWBs on the way.

Always regretted not buying your dover when you posted it.

me too. I want the unlined version with antique edge trim. When I was down at Leffot recently I pleaded with them to re-run it...they said they currently don't have any orders in but would put it on the list

I guess at least I know my wallet can rest a bit knowing the dover preorder isn't around the corner just yet haha

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amazing as always MrDV.

I'm also happy for all of you who getting their Ravello CT boots from either A DC or Leffot!

I just sent a payment for my Ravello PT boots on Modified last to Anatomica and Charles is amazing to deal with. Even got shoe trees for Modified last included hehehe.

I ended up paying approximately $262 US more for this pair vs buying a pair of shell boots from Alden DC or Leffot after $CAN conversion/shipping and Ontario taxes. So it's all good and I can't wait to receive my first pair on Modified last.

Have a good day all.

Nice! great pickup. Cant wait to see some pics when they arrive

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up my blue suede tassel loafers yesterday and couldn't resist some nice, bright red and blue houndstooth socks to go with them.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plain toe boots are some of the best shell boots Alden makes.

I understand many people like Alden's plain toe boots. Great. Buy them. Enjoy.

But, I do not really care for them. And part of my original comment was paying a hefty premium for them due to re-importantion/ shipping is silly; this is also my opinion. 

I am willing to wager Ravello plain toe boots will become available through a U.S.-based retailer eventually. But I understand someone's eagerness to acquire a less common style.  

I think foot size comes into play too.  I like plain toe boots/shoes, and in some cases they look really good.  In my case my foot is so big it helps to break things up. I own PTB shoes, NST, and Captoes.  I like them all but think on my foot the NST or Captoe looks better for "my" foot.   Either way those are nice boots!  To be honest I can't say there's a right or wrong on this...beauty in is in the beholder!

See Ya,
Steve

Good comments.....

To be clear, my comment about PT boots was general, and had nothing to do with the boot in question or the modified last. I buy nothing on the modified last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members