• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I would prefer unlined but the BB website states it's lined. Not a deal breaker though so will be a nice surprise if they show up unlined. Now to wait for a 30% off corporate sale.
It says they are lined, but I promise you, they are unlined. I actually bought them from BB because I prefer a lined version. I am disappointed that they are unlined, but still happy with them.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BB version is definitely lined.
Not so. I would take a picture of the insides, but I do not have them with me.

The inside third of the shoe, from the heel to about the top of the tongue (where you tie the laces) has a light colored leather lining. When untied, the tongue lays limp and flat at the bottom of the shoe (as do all unlined suede shoes). The rest of the inside of the shoe, including the tongue has no lining. It is as buttery soft suede as you will find (slipper-like). I brought them to an Alden retailer to compare to their stock snuff suede PTB, and they are identical with the exception of the eyelets.

The website is incorrect. The website pictures even look like they're lined as the toe area looks rounded and firm, as opposed to the deflated, flat-looking toe of the unlined version (no lining is holding them up). Mine look flat and deflated.

Last edited:

cincikid

Reaction score
Not so. I would take a picture of the insides, but I do not have them with me.

The inside third of the shoe, from the heel to about the top of the tongue (where you tie the laces) has a light colored leather lining. When untied, the tongue lays limp and flat at the bottom of the shoe (as do all unlined suede shoes). The rest of the inside of the shoe, including the tongue has no lining. It is as buttery soft suede as you will find (slipper-like). I brought them to an Alden retailer to compare to their stock snuff suede PTB, and they are identical with the exception of the eyelets.

The website is incorrect. The website pictures even look like they're lined as the toe area looks rounded and firm, as opposed to the deflated, flat-looking toe of the unlined version (no lining is holding them up). Mine look flat and deflated.
I was actually referring to my own snuff PTB from BB. I was under the impression that it is fully lined, but I never bothered looking inside the toe-box area. Thanks for clarifying this ReppTie.

Update: I am working from home today so I went ahead and checked mine. The toe area on mine is structured and reinforced with some kind of fabric. The heel area is lined with a cream-colored leather and the rest of the shoe..., I really can't figure out. There's a layer of a smooth light brown leather on the inside of the uppers. For the reference, my unlined suede AE's have the rough suede-like texture on both the inside and outside, so I am confused.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How strange! I just added those exact pants to my cart this morning, but couldn't decide on the fit. Did you go with the slim or classic? Those look sharp on you, Ryden!
Thanks! I usually prefer the J Crew Slim unless it is the 484. I used to really like the 484 but they have made it way too slim cut for my liking.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I usually prefer the J Crew Slim unless it is the 484. I used to really like the 484 but they have made it way too slim cut for my liking. 

I have both the Urban Slim Fit and the 484 - I prefer the Urban Slim fit. For a super tapered chino, I like Epaulet's Driggs.

totalair1

Reaction score
Wearing my Cigar NST loafer on Aberdeen model 1031. Circa 2012 I think.
One of the rarer models of cigar I been able to catch.

See Ya,
Steve

Alpina

Reaction score

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wearing my Cigar NST loafer on Aberdeen model 1031. Circa 2012 I think. One of the rarer models of cigar I been able to catch. See Ya, Steve
Steve, Are you sure those aren't on the Grant last? They look like these from Alden NYC: http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/IMG_6407.jpg I owned a pair of grant lasted loafers, but they were ultimately too big for me in 10E

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They would have to offer that card somewhere in the range of, say, $12 to get me back to the NRO table. >shudder< What an awful experience that was.
What happened with them? Was about to pull the trigger on about 6 pairs of shoe trees if they are awful I wont.

totalair1

Reaction score
Steve,

Are you sure those aren't on the Grant last? They look like these from Alden NYC:

http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/IMG_6407.jpg

I owned a pair of grant lasted loafers, but they were ultimately too big for me in 10E

They look awfully pointy to be Grant, IMHO.
I got these from Alden San Francisco and was told they were Aberdeen. They feel like Aberdeen too, because I needed an E width to make them work. However I'm not saying they are for certain Aberdeen.

See Ya,
Steve

ATLVol

Reaction score
I have pair of the cigar NST loafers as well and was told by Alden NY (Madison) that they are on the Grant last......they are definitely not the same as my Aberdeen tassels which are TTS as opposed to the NST loafers which are Barrie size.

Alpina

Reaction score
What happened with them? Was about to pull the trigger on about 6 pairs of shoe trees if they are awful I wont.
If it's just shoe trees, or anything else they definitely have in stock, I'd say do it.

But in my "transaction" for their "limited edition" aldens, they were a bunch of hot air that turned downright deceptive. After 10 months I was pulling my hair out, and had to get a refund for shoes that arrived (wrong size) many months after a "six weeks, confirmed" assurance. AFter I returned them , they told me they had sold the pair I had actually ordered. Refund was initially denied because I no longer had the original credit card (lost/reissued) citing something about it being against federal regulations. Also, would not refund by check....that is until I got my bank on the phone for a three-way (good times), Then they complied, but only after three more calls to make sure the check got in the mail.

Plus, they are almost never there, especially in the summer. Always a message machine, which greatly compounded the frustration.

This all started when they had a 20% off sale I learned about here. Many here knew their reputation and were reluctant to engage. I should have listened.
(Listing still says they anticipate them in March 2013.)

Right after that debacle, the tan suede leydon dovers popped up on the TSM seconds list. Got the shoes. Lesson learned.

aldenwear

Reaction score

I have pair of the cigar NST loafers as well and was told by Alden NY (Madison) that they are on the Grant last......they are definitely not the same as my Aberdeen tassels which are TTS as opposed to the NST loafers which are Barrie size.

I too have this shoe from Alden NYC and it is on the grant last. But, as See Ya Steve noted, his source was different and, presumably, his source knows of what it speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads