• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:D

I have color 4. It is just ok. Too red to be very versatile IMO. Seldom do i wear it. On the whole I prefer color 8, cigar, ravello, and black over color 4. :nodding:

What #4 design do you have?

PTB. Vintage Hanover. Bought NOS a few years ago on ebay for just over $200. Best deal on footwear I have ever gotten. They are built like a tank. The quality is very high - easily on a par with Alden. Had they said "Alden" I suspect they may have fetched somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000. In doing research and corresponding with Horween, I would put their production in the late 1970's.

They are a great pair of shoes, just not nearly as versatile as, say, color 8 or cigar.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#8 shell st8 tips b4 the storm hits:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're really bringin' it Saz!

RTP, thanks for your kind words.

All of you gentlemen, thank you.

Yesterday was a not so good day at work and the kind words and camaraderie here on this forum is a bright spot in the day.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Color 8 Full-Straps maiden voyage. ShoeMart seconds. They managed to get a ton of bloom over the past few weeks.

-Mike

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

#8 shell st8 tips b4 the storm hits:

Killer boots! Wore mine yesterday!

Color 8 Full-Straps maiden voyage. ShoeMart seconds. They managed to get a ton of bloom over the past few weeks.

-Mike

Great loafers, Dubs!

Looking good. Not too far from Tif and Saz's boots yesterday.

-Mike

I think they are my boots! Better check my closet...

RTP, thanks for your kind words.

All of you gentlemen, thank you.

Yesterday was a not so good day at work and the kind words and camaraderie here on this forum is a bright spot in the day.

Glad we could do more than just make you spend money on shoes, Sazon. Hope you have a better day today.

ErikW

Reaction score
New purchase - Alden for JCrew Snuff Suede LWB. I think they're my most comfortable pair of shoes already.

Kwaker

Reaction score
I've been mulling over your pairs on sale ... what fits closer to your 8D Barries, the 8.5D Grant or 8D Trubalance?

jt2gt

Reaction score

I've been mulling over your pairs on sale ... what fits closer to your 8D Barries, the 8.5D Grant or 8D Trubalance?

Get the color 8 indys w/commando. I wear my color 8 indys more than any of my boots...one of my favs easy. I wish mine had commando. I would say the 8D Tru and Barrie fit pretty close. Great boots...pull the trigger.

ErikW

Reaction score
Question for you folks - for those of you who live in the US, where do you source your Saphir? It seems like most stores have insane $12 shipping charges.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As one more update on the Need Supply x Alden Union Hill Indy, it looks as though there is a chance that they may not make it to production at all. Per Need Supply, "Unfortunately we are not sure if we will ever be releasing this boot. Alden shipped them to us with major defects and all of the product was sent back."

So, yes, it is a bummer, as it looked to be a great boot. With that said, Need Supply wins my Shop of the Year award for making Alden culpable for its lapse in quality, even if it would have been a good selling boot. I don't want to be a Moses leading a campaign against Alden, but there does need to be this sort of push back (from both shops and customers) for Alden to acknowledge that they have had a quality problem lately, and that they need to take real steps to correct it.

TL;DR: Need Supply is awesome, and TSM may have a boat load of tan Indys hitting their 2nds list the next time around.

Hmm...now the Union Hill is back up at NS. Who's going to be the brave one to order first?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads