• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

archangle13

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of used Aldens. There are markings inside - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8c22 026 6 684[/FONT]

Can anyone tell me what they mean, and if you can identify the last?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone selling a #8 Wingtip boot right now? Either in stock or for pre-order? I need a 7.5D or 8D dependent on last.

Thanks!

J Gilbert is awaiting a confirmation from Alden for production of a plaza last WT boot in #8.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score

J Gilbert is awaiting a confirmation from Alden for production of a plaza last WT boot in #8.
Thanks! Sazon, do you know if the J Gilbert make-up will come with a commando sole? I know Plaza is generally sleeker than Barrie, and I've seen Plaza boots made without the commando sole and with all eyelets instead of speedhooks. Do you have a link to images or info? Thanks again.

jmemt

Reaction score
Occasionally after I wear my Indys or my Grant Cap toe, my knees really ache. Anyone else run into this problem? Solutions? I feel pretty confident I have the correct sizes.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The real difference in the modified is a significantly narrower waist to the shoe, with much more arch support. It's definitely a different fit from Barrie/TB in that regard. Otherwise, I wear the same size for all three lasts. Good toe room in the Modified. Comfortable.

This is for me as well. I wear the same size in all three lasts. The toe box on the modified looks larger than the other two. The modified has a higher arch and I had some soreness on my right arch afer wearing for the first full day. In #8 I think modified can come close to looking like clown shoes.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Occasionally after I wear my Indys or my Grant Cap toe, my knees really ache.  Anyone else run into this problem?  Solutions?  I feel pretty confident I have the correct sizes. 

I have never had this problem but I would be concerned if I did. Do they both have the same sole? If they are both double leather than maybe they are too hard? Do you notice any Overpronation or Underpronation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads