• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd V

Reaction score
Leathersoul Pitt Boot Color 8

Agreed -- these photos make the color 8 and the edge trim glow. Would love a pair of these but unless I'm soon able to wear boots during the workday it is easy to end up with more than I can ever wear. :happy:

OfficeLinebacke

Reaction score
To my Alden brethren,

a little off topic, but couldn't help but share these with you. I tried to get an Alden black pebble vs black shell LWB group order together but it never materialized, so I did it with Trickers instead. I still think this would be an amazing Alden make up, and it uses stock leathers and non exotic shells.

pebble bottoms/lace stays. shell vamp and tongue.
storm welt, commando sole, matched eyelets, and blue lining/pull tab make these my new east village s#@t kickers.
I laud your efforts but I hate pebble and I hate commando soles. If it was pure black shell or at least no pebble, and any more refined sole, I'd have been interested.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it was on a more refined sole it would defeat the intended purpose of that particular shoe...

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I laud your efforts but I hate pebble and I hate commando soles.  If it was pure black shell or at least no pebble, and any more refined sole, I'd have been interested.

This shoe is already available - it's the standard black cordovan longwing

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I laud your efforts but I hate pebble and I hate commando soles. If it was pure black shell or at least no pebble, and any more refined sole, I'd have been interested.

Pebble grain isn't for everyone. I've found it to be quite delightful and it goes well with brogue shoes. I think mr chorizo was looking for something more casual. These pair very well with denim. Well done, mr chorizo!
This shoe is already available - it's the standard black cordovan longwing

If the standard long wing would have gotten the job done, I doubt he would have bothered with a custom order. I think we have to look at chorizo's intent in designing the shoes.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pebble grain isn't for everyone. I've found it to be quite delightful and it goes well with brogue shoes. I think mr chorizo was looking for something more casual. These pair very well with denim. Well done, mr chorizo!

If the standard long wing would have gotten the job done, I doubt he would have bothered with a custom order. I think we have to look at chorizo's intent in designing the shoes.
I agree.

The one on the left is pebble grain and I think it works real well.

koalb

Reaction score
Best place to browse for Alden online?

Want to take a look at their full range before I start visiting stores.

Does any site represent the (almost) full range?

And please don't tell me Alden.com. Their site is as terrible as their shoes are good.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My post was more intended for OfficeLinbacke than chorizo - I think chorizo's shoes are great, I would consider ordering a pair just like it

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best place to browse for Alden online?
Want to take a look at their full range before I start visiting stores.
Does any site represent the (almost) full range?
And please don't tell me Alden.com. Their site is as terrible as their shoes are good.

The shoe mart is close when it comes to standard shoes, but honestly, this thread is probably the best source of information when it comes to the "full range" of Alden shoes. Alden is a custom shoemaker that tailors its offerings to the tastes of independent retailers globally, so it is impossible to get the full range of available products on one website

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoe mart is close when it comes to standard shoes, but honestly, this thread is probably the best source of information when it comes to the "full range" of Alden shoes. Alden is a custom shoemaker that tailors its offerings to the tastes of independent retailers globally, so it is impossible to get the full range of available products on one website
Excellent point.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned but End Clothing, which stocks Alden, has a 25% off everything (I have not tried to buy any Alden shoes so I'm not sure if it will work or not ) . From an e-mail I received.

Our 25% Off Sale Preview ends at Midnight!

The End Sale Preview is your chance to shop the site with 25% off, before the madness of the Winter Sale begins.

Simply enter the code EARLYBIRD at the checkout to receive 25% off your order.

25% OFF - ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

http://www.endclothing.com/brands/alden

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

black medallion cap toe boot
argyles otc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads