• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm on the fence on this any one have a opinion on them

I've struggled with suede Indy boots. I have purchase two of them and sold them both. When it comes to suede I prefer Alden's other offerings (unlined chukka, unlined PTB, longwings, loafers, etc). The best suede Indy I have seen is Leffot's navy version. Not a big fan of the tan version

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of them. Many many Alden boots out there I prefer over these.
I am only replying because you solicited opinions. Good luck.

I'm also not a fan of the Pitt boot. I like the plain toe for bluchers, but not for boots. The only exception being the Milkman Boot. Someone please bring this back!

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys thinking of picking up this pair off boots for jeans and chinos.

I think this is a style that I appreciate, but I'd prefer something like a chukka or penny loafer in such a light brown suede, since that suggests spring or summer to me. It's a nice boot though, and I'm sure (1) they would look great with chinos and denim, and (2) I'd compliment them if they were posted here.

Last edited:

Michael Haines

Reaction score

I think this is a style that I appreciate, but I'd prefer something like a chukka or penny loafer in such a light brown suede, since that suggests spring or summer to me. It's a nice boot though, and I'm sure (1) they would look great with chinos and denim, and (2) I'd compliment them if they were posted here.

You have to remember this is Texas we wear boots year round... LoL so I will wear then this spring for sure

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I completed lots of cleaning this weekend. The snuff suede had a food oil stain which I removed by placing the shoe in a plastic bag and then draping a hot towel over it to heat it up before finally rubbing in baby powder to the stain. I repeated 2x and then washed with Saphir Omninettoyant. The blue shoes I trashed on a night out in Vegas and made worse the next morning by drunkenly trying to clean them with a wet hotel towel. I took them to a cobbler for a professional cleaning but he inflicted even more damage by simply spraying over the stained area with blue suede spray :(. After a wash with Omninettoyant they look almost as good as new. Finally I sealed both with Allen Edmonds suede waterproofer. I'm very happy with how both pairs of shoes turned out.

Do you guys store unlined shoes with shoe trees? I'm concerned that the shoe trees stretch the relative soft unlined suede when used for prolonged storage. I added Superfeet insoles to snuff shoes and the insoles + shoe trees creates a tight fit in the vamp.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Interesting method fot the stain on the suede. What does the baby powder do? After the suede is heated up, you just use baby powder to rub away the stain?

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baby powder contains cornstarch which is super absorbant. Heating the stain first makes the oil easier to manipulate, hopefully encouraging transfer from the shoe to the baby powder. I very lightly rubbed the baby powder into the stain with my finger and let it sit for 24 hours before brushing it off.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do use a horse brush to remove the baby powder or your hand? I have a suede brush, but it seems very coarse and hard, i don't want to damage the suede.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leathersoul Pitt Boot Color 8

These look even better in your pics than they do on the LS website. I dig them.

I also like the Sand Suede Indys with Red Brick sole. I wouldn't wear them myself, because indys aren't my style, but I like the way the red brick looks with the sand suede. Also, I would be too anal about keeping them clean.

Nice work on fixing up those suede shoes, P Bateman. I am amazed at your level of success. Will be sure to send you any stained suede shoes that I have in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads