• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I need to acquire some shell.  Uncle Mac has shown me (and everyone) that shell is an essential staple of a gentleman's closet.  Thanks, Mac.

remember- they are addictive

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I dont know where all of the Modified last love is coming from all of a sudden. They look like clown shoes to me. Even more than the trubalance. The toe box is too bulbous and the the waist is too tapered...imo
7366242846_9630db6359.jpg

=
soccer-clown-shoes.jpg

not everyone has perfect feet. there are gentlemen that need to wear the modified last or orthopedic last because of their feet. in addition there are gentlemen who like the look. good people can agree to disagree

ElDave

Reaction score

jcrew hummus suede indy boots on brick sole...i likey!
i prefer this to snuff suede...i think.

What's the story on these? I just checked the JCrew website and did not see them. Are they coming out soon?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jcrew hummus suede indy boots on brick sole...i likey!
i prefer this to snuff suede...i think.

I love the red brick soles. They are comfortable and look great. My only problem is that they seem to wear pretty fast.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wearing my clown boots today.
ALden Cap toe boot, leather sole, modified last, #8, all eyelets:

enjoy wearing your good looking cap toe boots

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Thanks for the great input everyone!

On another note, I'm now heading to the hospital for the (scheduled) birth of my first child, a baby girl.  If I ever have a son, I just might name him Alden.  My choice of footwear today?  Ravello PTB, maiden voyage as well :)

congratulations on the birth of your daughter
enjoy wearing your ravello ptb

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Congrats on the baby girl!! On a far less serious - yet still important - note, congrats also on the ravello ptb's. They are one of my favorite Alden shells.

welcome to the forum

herrmj

Reaction score
From the modified last thread, here is the current shoemart natural cxl plain toe boot on the modified last:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Interesting they have numerous of these, e.g., Modified, TruSquare, TruBalance, etc.
I wonder if the Barrie was made for similar purposes since it does run slightly more voluminous.

alden main business line up to 1954 was boots for the ma state troopers and orthopedic shoes for victims of polio. fortunately the salk vaccine invented in 1954 substantially reduced the need for orthopedic shoes which alden was very happy to lose that business

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From the modified last thread, here is the current shoemart natural cxl plain toe boot on the modified last:

Great boot. I had to go to the thread to see if they were yours or if you were posting someone else's boots.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

welcome to the forum

Thank you fine Sir. I have regularly perused SF for the last number of years and have thus far posted infrequently, mostly because I find what I am looking for. I have enjoyed the Alden threads in particular. Your Alden collection is sublime.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you fine Sir. I have regularly perused SF for the last number of years and have thus far posted infrequently, mostly because I find what I am looking for. I have enjoyed the Alden threads in particular. Your Alden collection is sublime.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads