• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cigar PTB
IMG_0479.jpg

LS CXL NST
IMG_0454.jpg

nephew,
enjoy wearing both your good looking cigar ptb and your cxl nst-remember the break in method

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm cross posting from the C&J thread. If anyone can give me any opinions, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to have to put in a special order from a company based in the UK since no one locally carries C&J. I'm trying to do my best guesstimate as a return would be a pain in the butt.

For last 337 on the C&J, I am sure I'm either a 7 or 7.5...but I'm not sure which one. Again for reference, I'm a 7 UK in Tricker's last 4444, and a 8.5 US in Alden's Grant and Plaza lasts, and 8 US in Alden's Trubalance, Barrie, and Modified lasts.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Uncle, do you have a link to a specific post detailing the Mac Method? I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find a thread that went through the whole process in detail...

also, you can google for mac method

Last edited:

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on these J Crew x Alden LWB? I just received them today, and am unsure. The color is a little lighter than I wanted.

J Crew also has the dark brown, but I don't like the black sole.

Hi, I do not have that shoe but I have always liked it. What I do have it Leather Soul's Dark brown calf longwing and Cigar shell longwings.

If you plan on getting a Cigar longwing in the future then you may wish to pass on the calf. Same with the J Crew.....if you plan on getting Whiskey or Ravello shell then you may wish to send them back. I do love the cark brown calf....I just need to wear them more. :(

Also I have some questions. Does anyone have any opinions on Lady Calf:

VS Chromexcel:

Any pics of these with these with some miles:

I love the thought and think a red brick sole on a calf boot would look nice.

Also, Still loving these every time I see them:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads