• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess Color 8 Alden's have finally hit $1,000+
1000010083.png

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow... Although that seems to be shop specific. I've only seen hand-sewn boots tip towards $1K so far, although I'm sure more standard models will get their soon. Sad, but I think Alden will start out-pricing a lot of folks if they haven't already.

slows2k

Reaction score
Wow... Although that seems to be shop specific. I've only seen hand-sewn boots tip towards $1K so far, although I'm sure more standard models will get their soon. Sad, but I think Alden will start out-pricing a lot of folks if they haven't already.

I just decided to pull the trigger on the Leffot Tanker on neocork, and yeah man, $966.00 or so felt bad. Here's hoping theyre as amazing as they look on the site.

Regular suede, calf, and CXL now costs more than what shell did when I first started buying Aldens. Though I wonder if the rate of increase has outpaced inflation as a whole. Maybe not...

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just decided to pull the trigger on the Leffot Tanker on neocork, and yeah man, $966.00 or so felt bad. Here's hoping theyre as amazing as they look on the site.

Regular suede, calf, and CXL now costs more than what shell did when I first started buying Aldens. Though I wonder if the rate of increase has outpaced inflation as a whole. Maybe not...
To be fair, those Leffot Tankers are going to be worth every penny! I've really gained a renewed appreciation for handsewn models and covet them almost as much as rare shell.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Another pair that I can’t imagine parting with. C4 wings on my favorite Alden boot last, Grant. And of course, a beautiful view of our city………

View attachment 2141459 View attachment 2141461

Happy Friday gang. Have a great day!

Dang Shawn, those look just money. I really need to get my pair out there! I suppose that there is no time like the present!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FYI about that store. I had 3 pairs on order from them that never came through. Lots of promises and none were kept. Had to pay full price for the preorder. I had detailed records of all communications and the credit card company refunded my payments.

slows2k

Reaction score
To be fair, those Leffot Tankers are going to be worth every penny! I've really gained a renewed appreciation for handsewn models and covet them almost as much as rare shell.

Honestly I agree, Im just hoping they fit. My experience with Barrie boots is varied. Some are tighter than others it seems; Im a D-E tweener. Since its not available in an E, I have my fingers crossed hard!

CLH03

Reaction score
FYI about that store. I had 3 pairs on order from them that never came through. Lots of promises and none were kept. Had to pay full price for the preorder. I had detailed records of all communications and the credit card company refunded my payments.

Yeah, that’s definitely the only shop that has Shell boots for that much. Kind of bizarre to me but hey

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, if you are into loafers, I personally would say that these are the best loafers that you can find. I wish they still made them!!!

-Mike
Yes on all points. Most importantly with any loafer. It has to fit right or it doesn’t matter how nice they are.

Wish they also made an unlined tassel in shell as well.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang Shawn, those look just money. I really need to get my pair out there! I suppose that there is no time like the present!

-Mike

I often have difficulty getting all of my footwear into the rotation. I can only imagine how tough it is for you Mr. Mayor. I do want to add that as a huge fan of the AoSD site, I anxiously look forward to your write-up of these. As always, appreciate the words. Thanks!

Leisure Sunday. Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan LHS.

View attachment 2146643

View attachment 2146645

View attachment 2146647

Since I just saw someone post a Grand Seiko, I am wearing a Rolex GMT Master II today. I say +1 on watch or Aldens for birthday is great!

View attachment 2146649

Have a great Sunday and week gents!!!

-Mike

Easily one of my favorites. Just a phenomenal pair of footwear. Alden at its finest.

Honestly I agree, Im just hoping they fit. My experience with Barrie boots is varied. Some are tighter than others it seems; Im a D-E tweener. Since its not available in an E, I have my fingers crossed hard!

I don’t typically get too worked up about the issues with Alden. Proportionately, they are minor and I still believe they represent the best value in high-end footwear. However, I am far from an Alden apologist. One of the things that doesn’t get nearly as much attention as it should (IMO) is the wild variation in Barrie sizing. Maybe because it is an emotional topic, I don’t know. I recall a few years ago people calmly discussing this issue as it relates to the JCrew perf cap and there were a couple of people who were insistent that people didn’t know what their own feet were feeling. Regardless, I do wish Alden Barrie sizing was more consistent. I really hate returning footwear as most Alden retailers are such great people to deal with but I gave it seriously consideration with my recent saddles as they were on the tight side. Decided to keep them but geez man, c’mon Alden, lets get the easy stuff right.

Yes on all points. Most importantly with any loafer. It has to fit right or it doesn’t matter how nice they are.

Wish they also made an unlined tassel in shell as well.

If they don’t fit and you are looking to move them for the eBay listed price, send me a DM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads