• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1604.jpeg

Breaking in the cigar Indy’s today on the threshold of Malibu Seafood. All eyes on commando.

kmarriner

Reaction score
High pro glow today. C8 plaintoe on TB, commando. View attachment 2129049

Saw these on your instagram, they are beauts. I need to pick up some wax for my 974s I guess.

Snagged a pair of Ravello PCTs off eBay today, really excited for them to come in. Combined with the Cigars I have coming in later this year I think I am done buying for a bit.. its been a whirlwind.

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score
How does someone know when to moisturize their chromexcel boots since it's such an oily leather? I haven't done anything to my 403's in like 2 or 3 years. I'm thinking it's about time. I bought some Saphir Creme Cuir Gras to do the job.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does someone know when to moisturize their chromexcel boots since it's such an oily leather? I haven't done anything to my 403's in like 2 or 3 years. I'm thinking it's about time. I bought some Saphir Creme Cuir Gras to do the job.
Not sure there's a maintenance schedule but I would imagine a few years without anything could warrant something. Maybe perform some sort of cleaning on the boots (NOT suggesting saddle soap), but maybe a good brushing with horsehair/pig bristle brush and a wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any loose or caked on dirt.

After cleaning, then you could apply a very light coat of conditioner and see how the leather accepts/absorbs it. CXL should be fairly well oiled from the factory, and it may be subtle in it's ability to take in the conditioner. However, if it seems like the leather is soaking up the conditioner, then maybe allow the first coat to dry and brush/buff with a horsehair brush and apply a second coat.

I'm in the same bucket as you with my 403's having never done any maintenance beyond brushing. According to my sheet, I've only worn them about 16 times since I bought them in April of '22. They still feel supple and "oily" to the touch, so maybe they're not ready for conditioning, but something to keep an eye on I guess.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Forecast for 8 inches of snow for tomorrow so it's time for the nice shoes today.

IMG_3646.jpg

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Putting this out there in case someone has a pair gathering dust (also posted in the b/s/t thread) but I'm looking for a pair of 8E trubalance. Curious if it will improve a fit I already like. Not exactly the most common size but I'm curious and missed out on an ebay auction because of bad timing last night.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just don't service the snow blower in them :)

There is no snow blower in my garage. I felt retiring to then die having a heart attack moving snow would be... well, inconvenient. That's why I stare out the window, sip hot chocolate and watch a guy with a plow on the front of his truck.

Mr.Plow_.jpg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no snow blower in my garage. I felt retiring to then die having a heart attack moving snow would be... well, inconvenient. That's why I stare out the window, sip hot chocolate and watch a guy with a plow on the front of his truck.

Mr.Plow_.jpg
That's a GREAT episode !

branpureza

Reaction score
For those in the know, are these the same as Alden's standard shell belts:

They look like they're made by the same maker (Highland Leather in ME)

^^^ Not sure about those. The buckle looks a little chunky.

These are though:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads