• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Turn around time varies but he is usually pretty good. These took longer than normal and I had to reach out to get a status. Happens, but not often. Aram is like a really good point guard, no matter how much you pressure him, you can’t speed him up. He understands that it is far better to annoy a customer by being late rather than doing substandard work that can’t be undone. Again, generally not an issue.

As for using customer-supplied soles, can’t assist with that. Reach out to him directly. Guarantee he’ll respond.
Awesome thank you. I've previously had a resole done from Roleclub on them but not looking to deal with his wait times again nor his prices either.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
Thanks. Turn around time varies but he is usually pretty good. These took longer than normal and I had to reach out to get a status. Happens, but not often. Aram is like a really good point guard, no matter how much you pressure him, you can’t speed him up. He understands that it is far better to annoy a customer by being late rather than doing substandard work that can’t be undone. Again, generally not an issue.

As for using customer-supplied soles, can’t assist with that. Reach out to him directly. Guarantee he’ll respond.

Nice to read about (and see) Aram’s work. I’ve been thinking about changing the double leather outsole on a pair of Ravello chukkas to the Alden crepe sole.

owenshill

Reaction score
Speaking of Aram, I've been noodling on replacing a pair of well worn double leather soles on a pair of C8 perf. cap-toe boots to something else.

I thought about Waterlock or even Dianite, but now I'm thinking Neocork (in black). I don't have any experience with it. I don't usually wear cordovan in weather, so slippery conditions aren't aren't a real concern. Does anyone have an opinion on it? Anything I should know about it?

slows2k

Reaction score
Speaking of Aram, I've been noodling on replacing a pair of well worn double leather soles on a pair of C8 perf. cap-toe boots to something else.

I thought about Waterlock or even Dianite, but now I'm thinking Neocork (in black). I don't have any experience with it. I don't usually wear cordovan in weather, so slippery conditions aren't aren't a real concern. Does anyone have an opinion on it? Anything I should know about it?

I am a huge fan of neocork soles. they seem indestructible, and I have no issues with them in the rain. My go to beater boots are color 8 indy on neocork and they're complete champs. Would love to see how neocork looks on a C8 perf cap toe; I think it should be on more boots.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of neocork soles. they seem indestructible, and I have no issues with them in the rain. My go to beater boots are color 8 indy on neocork and they're complete champs. Would love to see how neocork looks on a C8 perf cap toe; I think it should be on more boots.
Would love to see some beater C8s. Pic or it didn't happen.

Also, I echo your opinions on Neocork.

Last edited:

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a plain toe boot makeup in black shell with a wedge sole on Barrie or TB? I know, kind of specific...

slows2k

Reaction score
Would love to see some beater C8s. Pic or it didn't happen.

Also, I echo your opinions on Neocork.

I'll try and get some next time I wear them, but since I'm only two years in they've got a long way to go. Though I do have some pics of an amazing pair i found a could years ago here; the owner might still be around. PTB C8 after fresh resole:

Attachments

• 5000431E-60ED-44CE-B424-75591F8A1444.jpeg
    5000431E-60ED-44CE-B424-75591F8A1444.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 94
  • F9FD4D5D-D5C9-46A5-97CC-BF32F59165C7.jpeg
    F9FD4D5D-D5C9-46A5-97CC-BF32F59165C7.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 95

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neocork serves a purpose. Idk what's more indestructible...Neocork or Dainite???

My take is that they make boots heavier, but does provide more flexibility in terms of wearing your boots through various weather conditions. I would either go Double Waterloc or even Double JR if those are options. I find leather soles to be much more comfortable, plus I love that they don't make my feet "swing" like Dainite + Thomas heels do.

CLH03

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a plain toe boot makeup in black shell with a wedge sole on Barrie or TB? I know, kind of specific...
Would be kind of cool, IMO, but unfortunately they won't do any shell on wedge. Have to draw the line somwhere, I guess....

sirsigsalot

Reaction score
Suede care tips?

I'm not overly precious about my suede, enjoying them more and finding them more resilient than smooth leathers, plus I find that they're becoming the "regular" boot that I reach for these days. I coat them with Kiwi Protect All, but any other care tips from those with longer ownership experience? My oldest (and first) Alden's were the Dades from Madison, so about 3 years old with regular-ish wear. This is triggered by some random (probably BS) Reddit article today that I read about soaking rain ruining suede, unless it's Repello. I have not worn then in a soaking wet experience, out of sheer coincidence, but would like to hear opinions from those that have. I don't buy into the "ruined" claim, but I do like giving my boots the care they need and deserve.

Just need some black and tan suede now...

View attachment 2127921

Is the middle pair the recent Leffot make up in Humus?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh nice. I absolutely love them, but they’re sold out of my size. Was hoping there was another similar make up somewhere else.
They did a nice job on them. I had no intention on buying another pair of Indy's any time soon, but then I saw these, and, well...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru