• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

JTMD

Reaction score
I see they have a store in NYC - that's interesting and may change things....I'll have to give them a call...so I would an order through them...you are on time today!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Albert at the San Francisco store was great...He's a bit closer to you I believe...if you can make it over there he was quite welcoming and willing to talk shop a bit. He even broke out and demonstrated the deer bone that you have enquired about a few times.

here's a link to my post here regarding my stop at the Carmina shop San Francisco..

Albert likes photos of shoe collections (or at least pretends interest well. Lol). He actually took photos of my photos..

Last edited:

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I see they have a store in NYC - that's interesting and may change things....I'll have to give them a call...so I would an order through them...you are on time today!!!!! Thank you!!!!
Yep. If you order through the US store the returns go to the US store. I actually had my last MTO sent to the store first for inspection and then they sent it to me. On a prior MTO they found an issue, requested a remake, then notified me about it and apologized that there'd be delay. But they also advocated that my order get put on the fast track rather than at the back of the line like Spain does.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest pick-up with the relatively new Tan Smooth Chamois material which I compare to the classic Timberland Wheat material, but more resilient. Love the large perfing and pinking on the toe cap and the clean upper with no quarter stitch. These just landed at Zahner's and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!
View attachment 2240931
View attachment 2240933
View attachment 2240935
View attachment 2240937
View attachment 2240939
View attachment 2240941
love that toe cap!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Latest pick-up with the relatively new Tan Smooth Chamois material which I compare to the classic Timberland Wheat material, but more resilient. Love the large perfing and pinking on the toe cap and the clean upper with no quarter stitch. These just landed at Zahner's and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!
View attachment 2240931
View attachment 2240933
View attachment 2240935
View attachment 2240937
View attachment 2240939
View attachment 2240941
And here I am saying NO MORE FOOTWEAR, and you post these. They are awesome! What last?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Workboot leather for the day
IMG_6792.JPG

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
"Twosday" in Color 2 LWB from B+M. The heat wave in the Bay has been miserable! It's been surprisingly humid and with temps above 90, I've been sweating a lot! Or maybe it's the shoes?
View attachment 2235651

Those Color #2 LWBs look great. Reminds me a LOT of my 2022 Ravello pair from JCrew, which is NOT a bad thing. Those are my favorites!

I have to make an appreciation post for Matt at Ealdwine. An all-around standup, friendly dude. I'm always happy to hear from him and he's cranking out some of the best makeups IMO

View attachment 2235835 View attachment 2235837 View attachment 2235839 View attachment 2235841 View attachment 2235843 View attachment 2235845

Congrats on your new Indy Boots. I loved that picture of the kid with the multiple phrases of Congrats and then a bit of bitterness. But those are just amazing and they look like they are in really good company!

Natural CXL PTBs. Haven’t worn these in a long time.
View attachment 2236325

Longwings in natural CXL.
View attachment 2236895

Zippy, you are killing the Natural CXL. Just so nice dude!

On a similar note I saw recently that Brooks Brothers has revived their Black Fleece line with a couple $4000 tuxedos made by E. Zegna. In both cases I imagine they are trying to combat their always-on-sale image by offering a few elite items.

Two items from better days at BB: unlined LHS and Golden Fleece cotton-linen pants.

View attachment 2239245

Those unlined Cordovan's are just amazing. Nothing like those anymore!

Wet Wednesday Wings...

Old Alden for BB makeup. Got them on clearance back in 2013 (yikes). They've sort of fallen out of favour over the years and have become an all weather shoe. Nice enough but I have a lot in my closet that I prefer...

View attachment 2239831

You had great taste on Wednesday! I wore my pair as well as it paired really nicely with my Charcoal Suit. Those are great and really tasteful with the unique twist of the eyelets.

-Mike

slows2k

Reaction score
Those Color #2 LWBs look great. Reminds me a LOT of my 2022 Ravello pair from JCrew, which is NOT a bad thing. Those are my favorites!

-Mike

Wait, Jcrew released a pair of ravello LWBs? Ive never seen rare shell from them! Or Todd Snyder, the other larger company who stocks Alden. Cool makeups at times, but never rare shell.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Markintosh

Reaction score
I have to make an appreciation post for Matt at Ealdwine. An all-around standup, friendly dude. I'm always happy to hear from him and he's cranking out some of the best makeups IMO

View attachment 2235835 View attachment 2235837 View attachment 2235839 View attachment 2235841 View attachment 2235843 View attachment 2235845
I agree, I'm looking at the site everyday, waiting for a special makeup of a LWB in Barrie, can't wait to order something...the pair in this picture on the far right is off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Markintosh

Reaction score
So I took my brand new black cordovan LWB to my local cobbler. I have a habit of putting new shoes in the closet for several months. These have been sitting for nearly 9 months. I look over when they arrive, but I like to save my new shoes for a bit - I know it's strange. Anyway, when these arrived I looked them over pretty quick, and then put them away. I came back to them two weeks ago and noticed an issue. Perhaps it got worse while sitting, but you can see from the pictures that the sewing was not completed or became unraveled. I have a picture close up (which makes it look worse) and another from a distance. When you put them on and look down, it's hard to notice if you didn't know it was there. But it's coming apart in this spot. Worse still, per my cobbler, when built, the person at the Alden factory tried to glue this corner down with some type of hard glue. You can see the corner has a hardened white look to it, this is dried glue. To be frank, this is disapointing. With tax and delivery I paid over $1k for these. Too late now to send them back. The cobbler will re-sew it, but the corner will always have that hardened glue thing going on. Because I'm a EEE, I waited over 4 months for these. I'm not sending them back to Alden for repair, that will be expensive. My cobbler can re-sew for $25 - hopefully it looks better. I'm hoping when I polish them over time, this spot will pick up some of the polish and look normal.

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eazycarrentals