• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy WTW forum pals. 975s.

IMG_3377.jpg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They finally arrived. My first pair of Aldens. I am sure more will come very soon. Thanks to everyone who helped me with sizing - the fit is spot on. Zero heel slip. I can't imagine there can be better fit than what I have with that pair. I got D width. I will probably go with E width with shell cordovan pair. How much is really the difference between D and E?

P.S. Do I need any special suede brush or any "regular" suede brush will be fine for them?

P. P. S. Now I would love suggestions for nice ribbed socks to wear with jeans.

IMG_4653.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They finally arrived. My first pair of Aldens. I am sure more will come very soon. Thanks to everyone who helped me with sizing - the fit is spot on. Zero heel slip. I can't imagine there can be better fit than what I have with that pair. I got D width. I will probably go with E width with shell cordovan pair. How much is really the difference between D and E?

P.S. Do I need any special suede brush or any "regular" suede brush will be fine for them?

View attachment 2045167

Any suede brush will be fine. I recommend a pig bristle brush for suede.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Cordovan Naval Boots from Leffot. No storm welt, matched eyelets make this one look cleaner than most

IMG_1239.jpeg

Light cordovan boots - B+M Whiskey Tankers from a few years ago, Amaretto Jumpers from last year, the aforementioned whiskey. My plan was to sell the amarettos but not sure now. All three may have their place.

IMG_1245.jpeg

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be active on the buy and sell thread the next few weeks / months, starting with some BNIB longwings (cigar and color 8). I want to keep one, so I am guessing the first one that buys one of them will result in the other coming off of the site...

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2045167
I would avoid the suede brushes that have the metal bristles. The suede loafers don't have much nap, so don't need those to restore it.

barutanseijin

Reaction score

View attachment 2045167

Nice Aldens.

Lined shell LHS fit a little looser than LHS in other leathers. I would stick with the D if the suede fit you well.

Since you ask, the difference between E & D is large, at least in my experience. LHS in D fit me fairly well but i needed a tongue pads and the thickest socks to keep Es on my feet.

Last edited:

CLH03

Reaction score
Lined shell LHS fit a little looser than LHS in other leathers. I would stick with the D if the suede fit you well.

Since you ask, the difference between E & D is large, at least in my experience. LHS in D fit me fairly well but i needed a tongue pads and the thickest socks to keep Es on my feet.
Agreed. Stick to the D width

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Aldens.

Agreed. Stick to the D width
Thank you so much for that. So I guess I will rather pass on that pair in E if shell cordovan LHS fits looser than suede LHS. Suede pair really fits like a glove. It would probably be too tight if it wasn't that suede is so super soft.
But after getting that pair I get the hype. The level of comfort of the upper is incomparable with anything else I own or tried. And now I am hooked. I need to find a pair in dark brown and black cordova leather. Then we will see where it goes from there. I really like suede indy boots.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals.

IMG_3379.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but:

I have 2160s on Aberdeen that fit well in 10eee. Thinking of trying the Full Strap Loafer on the same last--does anyone have both this loafer and the Allen Edmonds Randolph (79 last)? Do you wear the same size? I'm thinking that an "E" might be enough in the Alden (as opposed to the EEE in AE). I'm sure I'll have to try-on... Thanks.

CLH03

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but:

I have 2160s on Aberdeen that fit well in 10eee. Thinking of trying the Full Strap Loafer on the same last--does anyone have both this loafer and the Allen Edmonds Randolph (79 last)? Do you wear the same size? I'm thinking that an "E" might be enough in the Alden (as opposed to the EEE in AE). I'm sure I'll have to try-on... Thanks.
I found the full strap to be oddly large for me. Typically 9.5D in all the TTS lasts, and take 9.5D Aberdeen tassel, which provides a really good fit. For what it’s worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads