• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As much as I like the Ravello Tankers, I think these are one of my very
IMG_4141.jpeg
favorite Tanker boots. B&M Burnished Tan Calfskin on Barrie

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Misterg12 I was thinking about doing the same laces! Like the look. Ordered some extras to swap last night in fact.

View attachment 1098018
Which AE lace is the one you ordered? I have toyed with round laces for mine as well, but my lace "inventory" doesn't have anything I like more than the ones that came with the boots. I seem to have a large number of round GG laces, but they are more bulky in appearance, and his AE's look "sleek"

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which AE lace is the one you ordered? I have toyed with round laces for mine as well, but my lace "inventory" doesn't have anything I like more than the ones that came with the boots. I seem to have a large number of round GG laces, but they are more bulky in appearance, and his AE's look "sleek"
I ordered the standard 48" black and brown round laces used on the dalton, fifth st, etc. I don't see them on the site, so I got them from Kristen

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE 48” brown. I’ve probably ordered 25 pairs of them in the last month

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE 48” brown. I’ve probably ordered 25 pairs of them in the last month
Thanks. Since typical Alden boot lace is 54", I was wondering about the 48" AE, but if YOU say it works, I totally believe it and just ordered a few pair as round laces are easier to get to lay correctly, and I have a problem with flat laces not getting twisted.

AJ1

Reaction score
Really loving round laces lately, cuts lace up time in half and don’t have to worry about going nuts over laying them flat.

Thanks. Since typical Alden boot lace is 54", I was wondering about the 48" AE, but if YOU say it works, I totally believe it and just ordered a few pair as round laces are easier to get to lay correctly, and I have a problem with flat laces not getting twisted.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in addition to the others listed, @smfdoc has some whiskey saddles from this year too I believe.

Yes, but maybe not really. The whiskey saddles were from AoC, and I believe he shared the order with B+M so Yenni could sell a few of them as well. But AoC started the order.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He is correct. The 48 inch AE laces work well with the regular Alden boots. I also found out the 33 inch AE laces work with the 6 eyelet chukkas. The 30 inch are too short. I also agree with you about the GG 48 inch laces seeming to be too thick and do not work as well for me. BTW, the colored AE 48 inch laces are on clearance for $1.97 per pair. See here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He is correct. The 48 inch AE laces work well with the regular Alden boots. I also found out the 33 inch AE laces work with the 6 eyelet chukkas. The 30 inch are too short. I also agree with you about the GG 48 inch laces seeming to be too thick and do not work as well for me. BTW, the colored AE 48 inch laces are on clearance for $1.97 per pair. See here.
Found the AE sale laces earlier today, have a few pair incoming. Although, with AE's snail pace, they may be a couple of weeks (and if on Amazon, would have them tomorrow)

cesco10

Reaction score
A question: the Tassel Loafer in Cordovan fit exactly the same of the Tassel Loafer in suede? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics