• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A shot to better demonstrate the medial contours of the Modified last.

C399C120-18AB-4519-AC3E-3097EAD0A529.jpeg

GGMac

Reaction score
Loving these boots. First pair with speed hooks, what a difference!

View attachment 1080460

Nice. I’ve got a pair on the way. The first pair I received were super tight in the vamp when compared to my similar sized Barrie boots so I exchanged for the next size up as I’ll be wearing with thicker socks anyway. I’m a tweener in the Barrie last so I’ve got 2 sizes that can work.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rain this morning and more in the forecast, so a perfect excuse to wear some boots. Terrible picture.

IMG_4005.jpg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And what happens if this is the case and a refund has been issued ?

Free boots!

I've had that happen once, and the retailer said there was no way they could take my money again. Free boots! (in this case it was some RM Williams chukkas that I didn't like as much as I hoped and I wound up selling them)

Yep!

Fingers crossed they turn up and actually get delivered...but when I spoke with UPS over the phone they sounded pretty certain that after a week of investigation the package has been totally lost.

And I had a pair of boots get stuck in USPS customs for 33 days. I was told by several people that they had either been seized, lost, or never actually scanned and therefore probably got sent back to their origin country. And then, over a month later, they showed up.

So nice dude.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little late today. LHS in #8 shell. So comfortable they're like slippers, and these are the lined version!
img_20181129_131311811_hdr-jpg.1080502
img_20181129_110647461-jpg.1080503

fourdoggies

Reaction score
I posted a similar question recently in the AE thread. The response I received was that the attempts to condition what I perceived as dryness at the trough of the roll resulted in over conditioning. I was directed to simply brush the heck out of it.

These are so new and unconditioned, that I simply can't imagine that being the case. I think like Mdubs said, it's more likely a Alden Ravello issue, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough for the alcohol care people posted about.

So after years of waiting patiently on the list for Whiskey NST boots I got the call a few weeks ago and settled up promptly. Unfortunately for me, UPS confirmed that they officially 'lost' my package shortly after the final destination scan. So now in a few weeks I'll get a refund and be added to the back of the list where I might get another crack at them in 2022. Total bummer.

Unbelievable. I get livid when a tracking number shows just a days delay. Can't imagine how pissed I'd be if they lost a whiskey boot. Good luck.

A shot to better demonstrate the medial contours of the Modified last.

View attachment 1080439

I love the modified last. Probably the most comfortable shoe I own.

:eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads