• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E has shell cordovan dress belts for $104 until 3/6 after an additional 20% discount..

Linky

Last edited:

katch

Reaction score
@swils8610 - Thanks for the heads up! Interested to see How the bordeaux compares to Brooks' burgundy.

Last edited:

lstearns33

Reaction score

Hypothetical speaking, if you found yourself in Manhattan with a couple hours to try Aldens on, where would you go? 
Leffot at 10 Christopher street is a nice shop, much cozier than Alden on Madison but Alden will obviously have more to try on. It's real tight in there though (A of M) probably a 13' sq show room. Leffots got other high end brands as well.

Last edited:

shunted22

Reaction score
Midtown is better if you want to check out more than 1 place. Alden, Citishoes, C&J and AE are all somewhat close to each other.

Leffot is nice but don't expect to find a ton of Aldens in your size, their stuff gets snatched up quick.

Sudonihm

Reaction score
Leffot is always a good time if you're in the area. If you're uptown, I'd start at AoM (Madison, between 42nd and 43rd), and walk up to CitiShoes (Park, between 56th and 57th).

+1, definitely AoM and CitiShoes, and try very hard to make it down to the village to check out Leffot.

I agree- AoM has a good selection- Citishoes you may luck out and find an exotic in your size-

Leffot at 10 Christopher street is a nice shop, much cozier than Alden on Madison but Alden will obviously have more to try on. It's real tight in there though (A of M) probably a 13' sq show room. Leffots got other high end brands as well.

Midtown is better if you want to check out more than 1 place. Alden, Citishoes, C&J and AE are all somewhat close to each other.

Leffot is nice but don't expect to find a ton of Aldens in your size, their stuff gets snatched up quick.

Thanks! I'd like to try the Modified last (Moulded Shoe, I think/I have a narrow heel and wide forefoot) as well as each of those suggestions, but we'll see how the time goes. I'll start with Madison and Moulded Shoe, and then aim for Citishoes. Leffot might have to wait until another trip or, more likely, until my next trip to Chicago. Though now I want to try that pizza place!

Last edited:

swils8610

Reaction score
Anyone have a V tip split toe in shell? Was thinking of adding a pair but I'm curious how it compares to the NST?

katch

Reaction score

The AoM, A.E., Brooks stops on 44/45 & Madison is a nice little footwear triangle.

The downtown scene is much more spread out. Don't forget to go drop off your recrafts at B.Nelson on 55 & Lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads