• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on needing to be so precise, I am going to dominate GORDAN (saying a prayer for your wife's nerves, and your dog) and the rest of youse guys.

Although:
"automatic or self-winding watch is a mechanical watch in which the mainspring is wound automatically as a result of natural motion of the wearer's arm, to provide energy to run the watch, making manual winding unnecessary."

Just a heads up, the Seiko Kinetic watch line is NOT an automatic watch, it does not use a mainspring but a standard quartz movement...
teacha.gif
Seriously? For 4.5 hours you guys let that smack talk be unanswered? How about this to give you some spirit:

0.jpg

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me in, I may be slow off the starting gate since I cannot get out til Friday after work. Hopefully can hit 20 stores this weekend.

20 Stores in a weekend? WTF you must live in thrift haven, I would have to drive several hundred miles to get 20 different stores...

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall Wes hits about 70 stores a week.
Good lord, there is 1 SA in my town of 40K, 1 SA in the neighboring town. 1 SA, 1 GW, 2 Savers and a SVdP 20 miles south in Ocooney's town. I am sure there are tiny little church thrifts but I don't count those cause they are open like every other Saturday from 1 - 3 pm.

I drive north there is similar dearth of stores, I would have to drive into Boston area to start hitting the thrift centers 45 miles E.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks. 2 more to go. Get your pals to sign up.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good lord, there is 1 SA in my town of 40K, 1 SA in the neighboring town. 1 SA, 1 GW, 2 Savers and a SVdP 20 miles south in Ocooney's town. I am sure there are tiny little church thrifts but I don't count those cause they are open like every other Saturday from 1 - 3 pm.

I drive north there is similar dearth of stores, I would have to drive into Boston area to start hitting the thrift centers 45 miles E.

Dude, drive into Boston. My wife and I spent two days thrifting there. I'm still selling stuff from that haul.

hucklecat

Reaction score
20 Stores in a weekend? WTF you must live in thrift haven, I would have to drive several hundred miles to get 20 different stores...

6 goodwills, a SA's, 2 VV's and at least 11 independents in a 25 mile radius of our house. We picked our house out based on the geographic epi-center of thrift stores in the ATL. (give or take a block)

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6 goodwills, a SA's, 2 VV's  and at least 11 independents in a 25 mile radius of our house. We picked our house out based on the geographic epi-center of thrift stores in the ATL. (give or take a block)

Hahaha I hope you are joking here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After my embarrassing no-show on the last round, and conviction not to thrift again until late Oct after I list some backlog, not gonna hop on this one.

On the upside, having fun digging thru stuff I forgot I had - this Sunday's listings will be sweater-centric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads