• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just had the Fig Overdye I ordered back in August (yes August) arrive. I figured it was lost loooong ago. Strange. Also the French Linen Polka dot shirt is awesome, it has a really awesome texture and feel to it. It's strange but in a good way.

gunslikethese

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got the grey suede wingtips Mauro posted earlier so I wanted to share my experience so far. I wore the shoes out yesterday to run some errands, and they're great and very comfortable. As we should all expect from this brand, the materials are excellent. The suede is really top notch, and the sole is the same as is found on other top sneaker brands like Common Projects.

I think the grey suede is also a really nice, versatile color so I can definitely see them in heavy rotation during the summer, or even most of the year here in sunny San Diego.

The fit is perfect, and true to size I think. My sizes in other brands for reference:
WvG Suede Wingtips: 10
Common Projects Achilles: 43
Alden Barrie Last: 9D
Converse Jack Purcells: 10
Mark McNairy: 10
Oak Street Bootmakers: 9

I am very impressed with what I've seen in these sneakers, and will definitely be ordering a pair of the black chukka sneakers when they drop.

The socks are very nice as well. I wore one pair out today and they're very comfy. The grey socks are super long. Like 4 inches longer than the other 2, which was a surprise to me.

I should say that socks, along with underwear, are one thing though that I tend to cheap out on. I splurge on the big stuff like shirts, pants, outerwear, and footwear, but socks and underwear are where I really pinch my pennies so the price would be a big factor for me before buying.

taint it sweet

Reaction score
I'll echo what others have said about the henley being "rough". My wife always likes to touch my WvG clothes, and that's the first comment she made about it. However, she said she liked the way it looked. For me, I think it's solid. It might be a little heavy for spring, but would be great in the fall/winter. I actually don't mind the fit being a little less tapered in the waist, since the material doesn't give as much. I wouldn't want to feel the shirt pushing into me. If it was a softer, lighter material, like the tees, then I wouldn't mind it being a little more fitted at the bottom. Overall, I think it looks good and the fit is good. I agree that even though the screen print is nice (and funny) as usual, I don't know how it will hold up in the wash.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
I guess I've always thought of the henley's as being textually crispy rather than just buttery soft. It's something you can really see in the fabric too, I feel. My girlfriend too, loves to touch all my WvG stuff. She thinks the henley's are the pinnacle of textually interesting waffle knit.

Damn it, now I want to order more.

But yeah I can totally see why the short sleeve tees aren't being restocked yet so no worries, there's still a lot in sizes other than XS.

Last edited:

surefire1017

Reaction score
Wvg kind of day. Sketchy quality should be better enlarged

Burgundy flannel
Denim project Italy
Burgundy Low top testers.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wvg kind of day. Sketchy quality should be better enlarged

Burgundy flannel
Denim project Italy
Burgundy Low top testers.

Shoot me an email so I can here about the shoes.

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
I'm sorry I ever doubted the sweat knickers. These things are awesome, I'm going to wear them every weekend until it gets too hot.

BTW, for anyone that was on the fence, these things are a steal at the sale price right now.

taint it sweet

Reaction score

I'm sorry I ever doubted the sweat knickers. These things are awesome, I'm going to wear them every weekend until it gets too hot.

BTW, for anyone that was on the fence, these things are a steal at the sale price right now.

I'm definitely interested, but the slim fit is a no go

Last edited:

taint it sweet

Reaction score

It's not too bad and has some stretch. I had to size up from a 31 to a 33 in the new chinos for the slim thighs but i'm still a 31 in these knickers.

Did the size up work for the chinos? That's what's been holding me back on those too. I don't want them to be too big in the waist though.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up an Indigo Henley and a Blue Tortilla tee, I could've sworn they were sold out in medium so it seems I picked up a return.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Picked up an Indigo Henley and a Blue Tortilla tee, I could've sworn they were sold out in medium so it seems I picked up a return.

Nope. It was poor a poor inventory count. Now I have to recount everything :(

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 2 and wear them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads