• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers. That was from last May!
There are some nice pics on that thread but it's living proof how skewed the whole 'thumbs' thing is. As far as I know that's my one and only inclusion on that thread, I'm fairly confident there's a few other pics I've posted that look better than a lot of what has made it to 25 thumbs. (Not bitter at all, honest!:D)

I agree entirely and remain all at sea where thumbs are concerned . To his credit Clags proposed a thread where you could discuss why you felt a good outfit had failed to make the cut-off. He suggested people put up posts that had scored 15 - 24 thumbs, for example, for discussion.

Good idea but there were no takers...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I agree entirely and remain all at sea where thumbs are concerned . To his credit Clags proposed a thread where you could discuss why you felt a good outfit had failed to make the cut-off. He suggested people put up posts that had scored 15 - 24 thumbs, for example, for discussion.

Good idea but there were no takers...

Yup! I think I was the only person who ever actually posted in that thread :-(

I'll give it another go at some point!

---

To be clear, TWD, the purpose of the thread was criticism. By "Why an outfit didn't make the cut," people were meant to explain what wasn't working with the outfit, not what the audience got wrong/missed

Last edited:

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RE: House of Bruar.  I've looked and looked on their website, and it all looks very enticing.  I've only ordered a v-neck lambswool sweater and a tie from there, but both were nice, not exorbitantly-priced, etc.  

Just idly browsing myself and really like the lovat green hot pink

TP10080LOVATHOTPINK.jpg

Just drop this in here too, something else I like - the Cordings house check

tweed-jacket-men_s-british-made.1.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup! I think I was the only person who ever actually posted in that thread :-(

I'll give it another go at some point!

---

To be clear, TWD, the purpose of the thread was criticism. By "Why an outfit didn't make the cut," people were meant to explain what wasn't working with the outfit, not what the audience got wrong/missed

Good to see you on here sir! Thanks for confirming the exact idea of the thread. FWIW I hope you do attempt to revive it.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: House of Bruar. I've looked and looked on their website, and it all looks very enticing. I've only ordered a v-neck lambswool sweater and a tie from there, but both were nice, not exorbitantly-priced, etc.

We often seem to talk about the House of Bruar at this time of year :

http://www.styleforum.net/t/383259/the-look-goes-on/1440#post_8164892

I bought this Smedley-style piece last autumn but have never worn it. Nice to look at but an odd cut puts me off. Maybe this year?

Mrs K loves their stuff especially the shoes and has a few pairs of their brogues, which look good and wear very well.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ and it's not like it's easy to try stuff on, the place is fairly remote even for Scotland. Handy for the Sleeper though - go to sleep in Euston and wake up at House of Bruar. That could be our meet in 2019 (via the drinking car)!

Last edited:

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen this again. That looks an interesting site. What are they like to deal with?

The V neck that Covskin bought is really nice.
There are some Slazenger Heritage items in a sale on the Atom Retro site,not the V neck unfortunately.

My GF bought me the Grey RL pima polo from Zee and Co,at half price I feel well pleased that I got a bargain,lovely material and a nice fit...the 2 occasions that I have bought from them I have received the items within 36 hours,the couriers were very efficient and notified me when they were coming I wish all online transactions were so painless.

Woolovers...I bought their Wool Rib cardigan in French blue,it arrived today,it could definitely be described as 'chunky' it weighs about the same as a Crombie,lovely colour and seems well made ( the 'football' buttons are plastic though) the ribbing reminds me of the old army 'woolly pully',my only reservation is will it ever be cold enough to wear it (I broke into a sweat trying it on ), £49 including delivery,I looked about for quite a long time but I couldnt find anything that I liked better in a mid blue colour.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: House of Bruar. I've looked and looked on their website, and it all looks very enticing. I've only ordered a v-neck lambswool sweater and a tie from there, but both were nice, not exorbitantly-priced, etc.

Their clothes look to be good quality but most of it was too 'country' for me,as you say the V necks,a couple of shirts and a few other items,but I do wonder who buys some of the more extreme country stuff ? Chinese tourists maybe ? or 'eccentric academics' ?.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Retrieved my bedale waxed jacket from the loft, wondering if it was safe to wear again. Thinking of getting a liddesdale quilted jacket to make a pair for rain/cold, safe to wear now?

One repair so far, needs reproofing and torn cuffs repairing. Maybe hems too but not sure of the sound of a 'leatherette' repair. Bored wearing retired mountaineering-type stuff for the local walk in the woods.

(and good to see cerneabbas back)

Cheers mate..
I dont see many Barbours about here these days so I think that its a good time to wear one,I have worn mine very few times since I bought it,it has to be quite cold weather as the lining is quite thick,but if its very cold (and dry) I have better coats / jackets.
For a cold /wet day I prefer a jacket with a hood,I bought a Barbour hood for my jacket but it does look quite agriculural with hood attached,I have to say that its a purchase that I probably should not have made.
I did look at quilted Ma1 style jackets last year to wear under a coat for more warmth but I bought a micro fleece in a sale,wouldnt wear that without being covered by a coat though.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of knitwear (strange as it's damn hot here today) i spotted this FP Waffle knit cardigan

http://www.fredperry.jp/category/M_KNIT/F3161.html

I really like the blue one, but none in my size.
The small text on the left seems to refer to SKINS who wore this kind of cardigan in the time...

Looks really good,I prefer the tonal logo.
I remember waffle V necks being worn here about 1980 (ish), they were quite mainstream but I saw lots of young Skins wearing them.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yep it was the acrylic version most often in the 80s...
It was an item worn by the 'originals' too, most probably wool at the time ?
You can hardly see the logo on the blue FP japan one. Nice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads